*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I was able to use my Hawaiian Airlines miles for a few free trips the last 10 years before I sold my place last summer. In fact used them on my last trip over. Either for one way, and sometimes roundtrip free.

Had to plan carefully and use the miles when flights weren't as discounted as more popular times. If they had flight sales, it wasn't worth using them, and better to pay the cheaper fare and collect miles instead. But at peak non-discounted periods got my money's worth using them.

Usually saved them for when we wanted to go over holiday/peak periods. Unfortunately rental cars were jacked higher during holidays too. Christmas/New Years was a joke. They'd jack rental car rates 2x to 3x than normal periods of the year. It's a popular time for wealthy family vaca's, and locals having family over from the mainland, so they know they're gonna get it, as supply is limited.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I once booked a trip to nica and I was automatically placed in first class the whole trip, 50,000 miles r/t

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
I was able to use my Hawaiian Airlines miles for a few free trips the last 10 years before I sold my place last summer. In fact used them on my last trip over. Either for one way, and sometimes roundtrip free.

Had to plan carefully and use the miles when flights weren't as discounted at more popular times. If they had flight sales, it wasn't worth using them, and better to pay the cheaper fare and collect miles instead. But at peak non-discounted periods got my money's worth using them.

Usually saved them for when we wanted to go over holiday/peak periods. Unfortunately rental cars were jacked higher during holidays too. Christmas/New Years was a joke. They'd jack rental car rates 2x to 3x than normal periods of the year. It's a popular time for wealthy family vaca's, and locals having family over from the mainland, so they know they're gonna get it, as supply is limited.
yup. we scored many times before our son started going to school. booking during the busiest times though. yikes.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
i'm pretty bummed watching 13 years of hard work, stress, accountability, and award winning success go down the tubes in a matter of months. Pretty much all i have left is my health insurance so i guess I'm supposed to count my blessings right? I was really really successful for a bunch of years so i don't qualify for all the cheese getting thrown around, i have to chisel out a chunk of my retirement savings just to make sure we can pay the mortgage the next year or two. Oh but THANK YOU government for 'allowing me" to withdraw MY SAVINGS" without "penalty," even though I will in fact have to pay taxes on that money one day.

i don't like seeing people killed by cops either, but i guess I'm supposed to be grateful to be born white and smart. i pretty much loathe nearly everyone at this point. equally of course. But then again I'm a New Yorker and according to Ed Norton i'm allowed to hate everyone of all creeds. in fact i hate creeds in general. i probably hate you too, you fucking whatever you are, go fook off and die in the dark.
Fecalface will be along shortly to add a ray of sunshine to your day by telling you how you are whining unnecessarily about first world problems. Have you heard how tough things were in Serbia when he was growing up? No one else knows about adversity like he does.

• Haha
Reactions: rts265 and Havoc

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Well, didn't take long for mayors across the country to take advantage of their emergency powers and launch right into curfews in response to incidents during protests.

Your right to not be imprisoned in your own house is taken away, again. Even easier this time.

You wanted to give up your right to gather and move. You didn't just ask for it, you screamed. Here you go. Get those groceries before sundown or you're breaking the law. We can't have people getting sick....i mean starting fires....whatever, just get your @ss inside because we said so, or go to jail.

This is what some of you want so badly. You can't go outside until your leader says it's allowed. Don't get comfortable once you do get off time out either, something else will be on the news next week to scare you back in!

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Well, didn't take long for mayors across the country to take advantage of their emergency powers and launch right into curfews in response to incidents during protests.

Your right to not be imprisoned in your own house is taken away, again. Even easier this time.

You wanted to give up your right to gather and move. You didn't just ask for it, you screamed. Here you go. Get those groceries before sundown or you're breaking the law. We can't have people getting sick....i mean starting fires....whatever, just get your @ss inside because we said so, or go to jail.

This is what some of you want so badly. You can't go outside until your leader says it's allowed. Don't get comfortable once you do get off time out either, something else will be on the news next week to scare you back in!

Oh to be white, and comfortably middle class, and not be able to enjoy it!

The humanity!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Fecalface will be along shortly to add a ray of sunshine to your day by telling you how you are whining unnecessarily about first world problems. Have you heard how tough things were in Serbia when he was growing up? No one else knows about adversity like he does.
Lend him your ear...he will tell you of the hardship he faced as a young ski bum.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Oh to be white, and comfortably middle class, and not be able to enjoy it!

The humanity!

Yeah because only the white people are subject to curfew. :rolleyes:
Fracas already has the "white Americans can't be wronged" market cornered, you'll need to plant your flag elsewhere.