*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
As well you should. If I was worried about the perceived lack of availability of testing that’s what I’d do. It’s been a while since your post, what did you find out?
Not having symptoms I don’t qualify.... yet!
Who should be tested?
Due to limited availability of test supplies, Scripps is not testing individuals with little to no symptoms.

For those who are not tested or are awaiting the results of their COVID-19 test, the CDC offers guidance on what to do if you are sick.
How do I get tested for COVID-19?
Scripps Health is testing people with moderate symptoms of COVID-19, especially those who are at higher risk. This includes health care workers; older adults; and patients with compromised immune systems or chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung disease and chronic kidney or liver disease. If it is medically necessary for you to be tested, we will test you.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Who should be tested?
Due to limited availability of test supplies, Scripps is not testing individuals with little to no symptoms.

For those who are not tested or are awaiting the results of their COVID-19 test, the CDC offers guidance on what to do if you are sick.
Scripps Health is testing people with moderate symptoms of COVID-19, especially those who are at higher risk. This includes health care workers; older adults; and patients with compromised immune systems or chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung disease and chronic kidney or liver disease. If it is medically necessary for you to be tested, we will test you.
So based on your cursory investigation one can get tested at Scripps if it’s medically necessary. Great work!

• Haha
Reactions: Joshua2415

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Who should be tested?

So based on your cursory investigation one can get tested at Scripps if it’s medically necessary. Great work!

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
lockdown protests starting to happen.

I am happy to see this has finally started. At least there is still a little backbone left in Americans.

We didn't need a blanket shutdown across the whole country. Urban areas perhaps.

This is a very medieval way of dealing with this problem. And I see no forward thinking of how to deal with it more effectively. Such as:

- Building care centers strickly for Covid patients. Let the hospitals to do what they normally do.
- Developing a transportation system to get people with Covid to these centers
- Using a portion of those trillions of stimulus moneies and creating a subsidized delivery system for at-risk folks to get their essentials without going out in the community.

And if gloves and masks are ways to keep from getting this thing, then why not just let people go back to work and protect themselves as they see fit

So when the stay at home thing is lifted, the virus is just going to have magically disappeared? When it surges back, are we going to stay at home again? I sure as hell hope not.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I am happy to see this has finally started. At least there is still a little backbone left in Americans.

We didn't need a blanket shutdown across the whole country. Urban areas perhaps.

This is a very medieval way of dealing with this problem. And I see no forward thinking of how to deal with it more effectively. Such as:

- Building care centers strickly for Covid patients. Let the hospitals to do what they normally do.
- Using a portion of those trillions of stimulus moneies and creating a subsidized delivery system for at-risk folks to get their essentials without going out in the community.

And if gloves and masks are ways to keep from getting this thing, then why not just let people go back to work and protect themselves as they see fit

So when the stay at home thing is lifted, the virus is just going to have magically disappeared? When it surges back, are we going to stay at home again? I sure as hell hope not.
This is how you deal with a problem when you fail to actually prepare with testing, contact tracing, and protective equipment. So, you know, enjoy.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
This is what I don't get. There is a massive need at food banks, but agro businesses are plowing under their harvests. Pupule.
fixed

the lack of a sophisticated response and exit of the lockdown is showing the ineptitude of the political arena. Especially Federally. It is also much a safer bet politically. Maybe that is why they are supplying no real information on opening it up. All talk if flattening the curve has stopped here and moved on to ‘we must have tests in place before...’. They neglect to say where that process is and how long it will take. Those things seem to be something that is easier to predict.

Reactions: max

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
fixed

the lack of a sophisticated response and exit of the lockdown is showing the ineptitude of the political arena. Especially Federally. It is also much a safer bet politically. Maybe that is why they are supplying no real information on opening it up. All talk if flattening the curve has stopped here and moved on to ‘we must have tests in place before...’. They neglect to say where that process is and how long it will take. Those things seem to be something that is easier to predict.
The so called infectious disease experts don't know those answers either. Some experts said quarantine the elderly and sick and let everyone else go about life as they normally would thereby creating herd immunity and preventing a second outbreak.

Blaming politicians is easy to do, but when the experts have no clue, how can they have a clue?

Reactions: glowplug

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
The so called infectious disease experts don't know those answers either. Some experts said quarantine the elderly and sick and let everyone else go about life as they normally would thereby creating herd immunity and preventing a second outbreak.

Blaming politicians is easy to do, but when the experts have no clue, how can they have a clue?
Guess the plan is to just ignore them all

If you ask ten economists the same question, you get ten different answers too, doesn't seem to hamper policy making too much.

Reactions: Mr Doof

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

I agree a clear understanding of what is happening and how best to deal with it is absent since this is new territory. That doesn’t relieve the responsibility of the politicians to lead. Most of their statements are vague Rhetoric which is not good leadership in times of panic but it is safe for them.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
thank goodness we have a Dr. Josh Green on our task force.
Ige hates him as much as trump hates fauci

Ohio had a secret weapon with their health director. She hasn't gotten the recognition she deserves but from her CDC years she saw it coming and was able to clearly explain it to her republican governor to get him to understand and act early, The earlier and quicker you deal with this the earlier you get back. Ohio was one of the early ones. The republican governor deserves credit as well. Georgia, Florida and Lousiana totally screwed the pooch and are paying for it now.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/staradvertiser/videos/580153945932830/&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Also we had our own convey here in waikiki.. a "tourist go home!" convoy
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

when was the last time you saw honolulu international airport like this?
For me it's usually around 4 AM for first flights out before they open for business

ewa beach flipcity drive thru yah my hometown
I remember willy when he had hair

Last edited:
Reactions: huryanpost

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
This is how you deal with a problem when you fail to actually prepare with testing, contact tracing, and protective equipment. So, you know, enjoy.

It kind of reminds me of how California deals with the drought, mandatory water rationing, stiff fines, and then increased water rates, so EBMUD can hit their projections. Yup, thanks California, we'll just wit on those tests, while we ration more water too.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Got our check too! We're doing something fun with it, taxes can wait until after july...