*** Official Billabong Pro Pipeline Contest Thread ***

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Love seeing Megan Abubo on the broadcast team, though i admittedly have not listened to the dialog too much.

She was on the 1994 Hawaii ISA world team (bottom left). Recognize others?

Hawaii_ISA_team_1994.jpg

Of course she did have a pro career before retiring.

Couple summers ago I saw this gal ripping at Big Rights. Found out later that it was Megan.

210619_25.jpg

Reactions: sh3

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Love seeing Megan Abubo on the broadcast team, though i admittedly have not listened to the dialog too much.

View attachment 147538

Couple summers ago I saw this gal ripping at Big Rights. Found out later that it was Megan.

View attachment 147539
I see Andy and Kalani Robb.

Is that a baby Bruce Irons in there?

Fred Patacchia top row with the beanie on or someone else? Does it get cold enough for a beanie there? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: sponge

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
saw megan on teh contest feed and she reminded me of a typical friend's mom you wouldn't mess with in elementary school lol. Except she probably still rips waaay harder than you our anyone

Reactions: sponge

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Judging by the sand bottom right hand point in front the Volcom house I surfed this morning, prognosis is:

Caught those conditions once, Pipe to OTW looked like Kirra. Amazing how fast the sand disappears, a good size west filled in over night, 100 yards of beach was gone and not speck of sand on the reefs the next morning.

Reactions: vanrysss

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008

View attachment 147538

View attachment 147539
Megan, Keala, Andy, Bruce, Cheyne, Braden, & of course Unko Ben! Amazing picture. I recall you saying that wasn't Kalani another time I saw that, but don't recall who it is.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Definitely Kalani on bottom right. Ross W. next to him I think. Is that Binga on the far left, standing?
Paul not Kalani. Next to him is Keala Kennelly (not Ross)! Not Bongo Perkins. Far left standing is kneeboarder David Shinbara. Behind him standing is bodyboarder Alex Kinimaka.

Keep guessing everyone!

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Hawaii's 1994 ISA Amateur Surfing World Team:
Front: Megan Abubo, Kai Mana Henry, Keala Kennelly, Paul Cheplic (RIP)
Middle: Andy Irons (RIP), Shawn Sutton, Chad Delgado, Bruce Irons, Braden Dias
Back: David Shinbara, Alex Kinimaka, Robbie Gall, Brian Kennelly, Reid Inouye (coach), Ben Aipa (coach; RIP), Daniel Kelekoma
Missing: Nelson Togioka (coach), Duane Desoto, Kalani Robb, and Malia Jones (alternate)

Hawaii_ISA_team_1994.jpg

Reactions: jkb