*** Official Billabong Pro Pipeline Contest Thread ***

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Should be a prize for someone if they can win all pipe contests in one season.
I vaguely remember Vans offering something like $1M if someone won all three Triple Crown of Surfing events (different spots of course). Only Andy Irons and Derek Ho have won all three events, but never in the same season.

There are actually four events at Pipe this winter: Vans Pipe Masters, Da Hui Backdoor Shootout, Billabong Pro Pipeline, and the Pipeline Bodyboarding Challenge (bodyboarding and bodysurfing). Just saying.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I vaguely remember Vans offering something like $1M if someone won all three Triple Crown of Surfing events (different spots of course). Only Andy Irons and Derek Ho have won all three events, but never in the same season.
Didn't JJF also win the Vans World Cup (Sunset), Pipe Masters and Haleiwa but different years?

Reactions: sponge

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Has the sand moved from the death pit section that handed out multiple thumpings during the shootout?

What does the forecast look like?

Reactions: sponge

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Has the sand moved from the death pit section that handed out multiple thumpings during the shootout?

What does the forecast look like?
Still pounding out of the NW on the NS so I'm thinking the sandbar will be gone.

Should have size early in the waiting period but firm trades may come into play.

Reactions: ElOgro

theramrod

Nep status
Nov 14, 2014
N Cackalaki
This is one of the few times I wouldn't mind for the contest to run late in the waiting period and the reason for that is to give Ramzi as much time as possible to heal his ankle that he hurt at backdoor recently. He's worked so hard to get on the CT I'd hate for him to not get a proper dig at it.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Buoy 51101 rose up overnight to 10-13 ft 17-19 sec. Should be rising all morning and bombing in the afternoon. Expecting some weather now though with firm trades and rain. I'm heading west.

Reactions: mundus