***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Inside Joke chit - A few here beside Doc Flav and OneOff, may be familiar with this expression. "Better than Rat". Yes it was, way better
"better than rat" now playing as "would be epic d-land"

@Kento may get it by now.

if not, that and a bowl should get you out there.

but i avoided that mess this weekend. showed face instead two days at my favorite nw wind sw swell longboard spot. waist high. tit on the sets. user friendly and well attended if not well surfed.

for all the waves in this zone always surprises me what crap longboarders the locs are. i tread lightly and other than 1 entitled born n raised chick they mostly seemed to enjoy watching me surf their wave.

which is good because in a couple months the gloves (figuratively) will come off and these muthers rip hpsbs.

no talent on the cobbles. even soups cheesy moms would be headturners at this latitude. as the saying goes- "you dont lose ur gf in _______, you just lose ur turn"

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
felt a little haggard this morning after the wedding we attended last evening and the wife relented and we didn't do our regular Sunday 6 mile morning beach walk, so I did some school prep stuff, cleaned all the dog sh!t on the property (my two dogs plus a bonus bulldog of the peeps who watched our house while we were gone for 2 weeks as they have left town and we kept their pup). noticed it was warm and humid and as the tide dropped this afternoon I knew just where to go, as I walked down the beach I saw a euro tourist couple sitting under a sketchy section of bluff and being a good citizen I was walking over to explain to them that the bluff they were sitting under was sketchy and the should move away a little from the bluff when I noticed the wife was totally naked in her beach chair, being a good samaritan I didn't deter from my mission and walked right up and let them know they were in peril, they seemed to understand and i kept walking, when i made it down to my zone a 16 year old grom I know came running up, hey did you see the naked lady?!!! Yes grasshopper, I have been to Hossegor and seen more boobs than you can imagine, they are tourists and probably a little confused about the local customs. anyways I had a great surf in warm water and caught dozens of fun combo swell waves. yewww

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Nice BR story.
My string of fun sessions ended, oh well. Laziness and lack of driving anywhere better made me ask myself, "why the hell do I come to this spot?" If past history is any indication of the future, I may be dry for two weeks.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Nice one, Sam! How big's the Tank?

Polar opposite for me today. Small swell and NE winds, so no Point surf, and beach looked clean but dogsh!t at first glance.
SW and NW swells running, though, and an incoming tide, so took a big board and gave it a shot. Turned out bloody fun, with bowly little wedges popping up, and nobody out.

Only waist to chest high, but on an 8'6 that doesn't matter. Had a good time trying to tuck myself into tiny almost barrels, or just gliding in the steep pockets.

Btw, any suggestions for a fin setup? Running a 6'5" Bonzer fin with 4" McCallum quad fronts as sidebites. Goes well, but might as well ask the collective. Board is 8'6 x 22 x 3 1/4 - somewhere between a pulled-in short longboard, a voluptuous fun gun, and a mini glider. I guess, haha!

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
Nice one, Sam! How big's the Tank?

Polar opposite for me today. Small swell and NE winds, so no Point surf, and beach looked clean but dogsh!t at first glance.
SW and NW swells running, though, and an incoming tide, so took a big board and gave it a shot. Turned out bloody fun, with bowly little wedges popping up, and nobody out.

Only waist to chest high, but on an 8'6 that doesn't matter. Had a good time trying to tuck myself into tiny almost barrels, or just gliding in the steep pockets.

Btw, any suggestions for a fin setup? Running a 6'5" Bonzer fin with 4" McCallum quad fronts as sidebites. Goes well, but might as well ask the collective. Board is 8'6 x 22 x 3 1/4 - somewhere between a pulled-in short longboard, a voluptuous fun gun, and a mini glider. I guess, haha!
My tank is a 6'8

Wild board you've got there! Reminds me of this ozzie guy who makes insane bonzers

My friend has one that's roughly 3 5/8 thick with rails as thick as a baseball bat but it still works.

What do you ride that big thing in?

• Wow
Reactions: MathDebater

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
It's my longboard, only I don't like 'Longboarding'. It's for catching micro waves, gliding in slopey sh!t, and just cruising when I can't be bothered making a shortboard effort.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
It's my longboard, only I don't like 'Longboarding'. It's for catching micro waves, gliding in slopey sh!t, and just cruising when I can't be bothered making a shortboard effort.

I suggest moving the fin all the way back. The box looks really far up. Depending on the actual distance from the tail, I may consider cutting off some the of tab at the fin base also, squeeze in an extra 20 mm.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
havent been out in over a month due to healing a new tattoo. greeted by clean mellow peaks. lost count on how many waves i got. frontside carve felt like butter on my last wave. left the water with a giant smile on my face. stock meter full
Glad to hear the giant FireWire logo back tattoo is healing. Did it get infected or something?

what boar did you use for your comeback? Stumps WTF?