***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Squeezed a surf in between meetings the last two days at the same spot with my old roommates. Yesterday was mediocre but had some moments. Today was super fun, I feel like I haven't gone that fast or done turns like that in forever. Manta FTW. It was kind of maxed out today but it was right on the edge which was fun. Got my best snap in forever right in front my buddy on a fast one. There was a guy a on very tan thruster with the little barrel section on lock today, I could learn a thing or two.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
After a couple weeks of flat spell, 100% chance it’s because I left for the drrty Jerz. You’re welcome.
Don’t worry Surfline will give this swell a name maybe Super Summerific Swell of the Century…then a billion surfers will be out every day of the swell and the actual swell will be half the size promised and it will be impossible for anyone to get a wave to themselves. The only thing you’ll miss is the frustration.;)

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Don’t worry Surfline will give this swell a name maybe Super Summerific Swell of the Century…then a billion surfers will be out every day of the swell and the actual swell will be half the size promised and it will be impossible for anyone to get a wave to themselves. The only thing you’ll miss is the frustration.;)
You’ve obviously never spent a week with my in-laws at the Jersey Shore. :socrazy:

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Super fun morning North of the pier(local was bigger and walled) Mix of big walled sets, sectiony lines, and a few really good combo bowls. Reasonable crowd (plenty of buoys) and not unbearable drift. Snagged a few good sets with one being a bomb that opened up wide for quick barrel that got some hoots from the onlookers. Stoked! Rode the 6-4 twinzer and glad for the extra length and paddle power . water was mid/upper 60's

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Southy was showing at my local early this morning but the bar is still screwed. Maybe 1 out of 10 waves didn't close out. Long waits between sets. Headed up North to surf the beachies with my buddy. Consistent, head high combo peaks. Not perfect but plenty of corners to be had. Non stop action. Rode the i72 for the first time in a while. Took a couple waves to click in but once I did I had a great session. Most rights but I got two lefts that were probably the best waves of the session. One was an outside wedger that gave me a the raddest speed boost into an inside double up section which stayed open for 3 snaps in a row. The last turn felt extra spicy and that's the moment I'll be reliving for the rest of the day.

Stopped back by my local on my way home to watch a crowd of weekend warrior hype swell chasers battling each other for wind ripped closeouts.