Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Reactions: chilly1 and Havoc

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
Got out of school for the summer last Friday. trying to use more of my boards this summer so I started on Friday at a beach break riding a 6 2 kenson round tail thruster, felt good in the punchy beach break conditions. Busted out the 6'0 twinzer quad double wing swallow tail at one of the local reefs and yesterday rode the 9'4 longboard at the point. water is warm and I don't have to work for a couple months so I hope to give most of my boards a spin, and put some up for sale in the classifieds if I've outgrown them. (my duck dive game is strong).

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Didn’t surf today but dawned the regular yesterday.
Waves were inconsistent but fun.

Most notable thing was I swapped boars with my BIL. Sh*tty thing was waves got even slower. My BIL is named Wade too and designs and get T-shirts and decals screened for Wade and Kerry Tokoro.

Wade asked Wade to build him his version of a JS Big Baron. Which is a mid length twin pin. First attempt was a dud. I told Wade to put his big boy shorts on and push harder. Still no drive. The boar I rode yesterday was the second attempt. Wade asked Wade T if he could drop the same outline on the Dung Beatle bottom. A model he loves.

I got a couple of waves with the boar and it rides good but too small for me. 6’0 x 21 x 2 1/2 vol 34L.My Striker is 33.6L and paddles better. Reinforced the rule that where the foam is placed is really important.

Boar had FCS 2 Power Twins no trailer. Lots of drive but sensitive to quick direction changes and I’d need to adjust to the width especially in the nose. If I ordered one I’d get a 6’2 x 20.5 x 2.75. No trailer plug.

I had a set where I did a top turn and the wave ran away. Wade didn’t think I’d catch up when he saw me overpower a top turn at the end and fall. He asked how I got around. Told him I just did little scoot pumps in front of the broken up section unlike a deep rail pump a thruster likes and let the boar do the work.