***Official 2022 Community Surf Journal***

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Loaded up my car the night before... but got to the beach, opened the trunk, realized I left my wetsuit hanging in the garage. :foreheadslap: Rushed back home and grabbed it, then right back to the beach for a ~40min @oeste858 -type session. 3 ft 8 sec high tide wind swell peaks that would build up then mush out on the inside, on the Moonstone, thankfully caught a few. Dude out the back on a Wavestorm catching everything, which was mildly irritating, but otherwise not very crowded. Offshore conditions and the water still feels relatively warm, at least for a 3/2.
Man, 40min is leisurely!
Also, IMO this is 2mil s/s season through Nov... especially the one you got

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Surfed with TeamScam this morning in ocean city. After yesterday, I was hoping the offshore winds they were calling for was going to turn it into a tubefest but it was funky NNW wind. Still kinda fun. 20221027_065515.jpg

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Tried to wait out the swampy high tide but everywhere still looked pretty slow midday and I had a quick window. Took a 5’9 asym PU plasmic twin out to a tucked away spot that had some WH wedges. Nothing amazing but a fun solo sesh with many floaters, speed runs from behind the peak, and exactly two fs snaps. I shred so hard! LOL
Really liking the SOC twins so far after just a couple surfs.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Tried to wait out the swampy high tide but everywhere still looked pretty slow midday and I had a quick window. Took a 5’9 asym PU plasmic twin out to a tucked away spot that had some WH wedges. Nothing amazing but a fun solo sesh with many floaters, speed runs from behind the peak, and exactly two fs snaps. Really liking the SOC twins so far after just a couple surfs.
5-9 plasmic asym... have we seen this one? another used board score?

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
You’re not the only one SBD, I didn’t click with my plasmic either. Definitely clicked with Oeste’s Gremlin & Aipa…

come to think of it, I haven't really clicked with any of the Albums I borrowed from him. Guess I'm (partially) immune to Matt Parker's swirly tint pizza stain magic. still dig my moonstone tho

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
You’re not the only one SBD, I didn’t click with my plasmic either. Definitely clicked with Oeste’s Gremlin & Aipa…

come to think of it, I haven't really clicked with any of the Albums I borrowed from him. Guess I'm (partially) immune to Matt Parker's swirly tint pizza stain magic. still dig my moonstone tho
yeah, I think we have differing needs as far as boar length and I like a couple L more vol too. Could be a factor. mr Steve ordered his Loghtblender an inch longer than I would’ve, but it still works fine for me. I could see how it would’ve felt too long for you.

SBD and I usually ride different waves so it’s interesting to see what boars we both like. I’ve liked most of his at the reefs but mine don’t seem to always work for him at BB.

Last edited:

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
yeah, I think we have differing needs as far as boar length and I like a couple L more vol too. Could be a factor. mr Steve ordered his Loghtblender an inch longer than I would’ve, but it still works fine for me. I could see how it would’ve felt too long for you.

SBD and I usually ride different waves so it’s interesting to see what boars we both like. I’ve liked most of his at the reefs but mine don’t seem to always work for him at BB.
I think part of it is, Albums have extra volume packed into them already so that (for me) there isn't an advantage to riding them a size up

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think part of it is, Albums have extra volume packed into them already so that (for me) there isn't an advantage to riding them a size up
That’s fair. fortunately my days of paddling baors as short as i want to surf (once up and riding) are behind me. You should really take a look at my dusty 5’5-5’7 rack
:confused:
LOL

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
absolute blast in meager conditions. ~20 waves in 1.25 hrs. last wave was the best and biggest that came through, chest high clean right with a perfect tapering wall. highline double pump bottom turn to top turn to roundy to cheater 5 all the way to the sand. best wave in months, maybe even years at this spot. felt like i was on a shortboar again. so fun!