October Surprise: Nancy Pelosi’s Home Broken into

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Just cause MK Ultra was a real program does that mean that every conspiracy theory that was tied to it is true? That’s the problem with the whole conspiracy theory industry. It’s full of grifters out to profit and they need to keep the grift alive. Yes we know Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsy and there was a lot more to JFKs assassination than just a lone gunman in the 6th floor window of a book depository. But that doesn’t make every book, podcast or documentary about it true does it?
It means that you need to be a lot less trusting than you are

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Most government lies are lies of omission. The problem with the prevalence and mainstreaming of conspiracy theories is we’ve gotten to the point where “question everything” has become “believe nothing” to the point where many think the opposite of what the government says is the truth. People will now turn to any schmoe who opens with “you are being lied to” and that’s the only hook they need to draw you in. It’s amazing how the people who claim to question everything seem to believe everything from the Alex Jones types.

I used to read a lot of conspiracy theories. I still have the books on my shelf. They used to be fun. Now they’ve gotten dangerous.

View attachment 167272
Dangerous?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Alex Jones is lucky.

Back in the day, he would have had his tongue ripped out for being a lying charlatan. Definitely not the only one either.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
^ - On the 'Ghosts and Goblins' walking tour in Edinburgh, Scotland, at one stop they described the punishment for gossiping.

Gossip got the tongue nailed to the church door, the person who listened to it got their ear nailed to it. To get free, you pulled/tear yourself free. Nails were not all the same, so sometimes you go the equivalent of a finishing nail and sometimes the shingle nail.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
^ - On the 'Ghosts and Goblins' walking tour in Edinburgh, Scotland, at one stop they described the punishment for gossiping.

Gossip got the tongue nailed to the church door, the person who listened to it got their ear nailed to it. To get free, you pulled/tear yourself free. Nails were not all the same, so sometimes you go the equivalent of a finishing nail and sometimes the shingle nail.
NailDoor, the precursor to NextDoor.

• Haha
Reactions: hammies and Mr Doof

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

I am trying in vain to visualize the geometry of nailing someone's tongue to a door.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I am trying in vain to visualize the geometry of nailing someone's tongue to a door.
Same here. I assumed it was cut off first.

That's some Gene Simmons sh!t. I bet some of the nuns were using this as an excuse for cunnilingus screening.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.