Nicaragua April?

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Anyone heard anything about a surfboard embargo? I was told no boards allowed into the country in certain months. Doesnt sound right.
April...easter is the biggest holiday of the year.
I was told avoid travel close to national election.
Yes - double check with the airlines. The biggest holiday is called Semana Santa - usually first week of April - the entire country pretty much shuts down for the week and parties. National election is a couple years away.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Yes - double check with the airlines. The biggest holiday is called Semana Santa - usually first week of April - the entire country pretty much shuts down for the week and parties. National election is a couple years away.
Semana De Santa and is always Easter week with easter Sunday being the last day. Also airfare, hotels, and restaurants more expensive and usually full

Mar 21, 2010
delmarva, md
On another note, I’m supposed to head down there in two weeks, flying into Liberia and crossing boarder. You heard of any issues with virus madness, denying entry?

Jun 29, 2017
For what it's worth - my wife and i retired to Iguana 2 1/2 yrs ago .... own property there long story but moved to San Juan Del Sur area last May .... love it - especially Mrs. Flyinraptr. She's a non-surfer - and there's a lot more to offer as far as restaurants, bars, things to do, etc. Downside is a little further from surf spots - but sometimes life is about compromise. Takes me about 20min to get to Hermosa. Season doesn't normally start cracking til May-June but things are warming already ... with significant swell expected next week. Here's a few shots i've taken with my cell phone last few weeks.

Yesterday ...
View attachment 87404

Couple weeks ago ...
View attachment 87405

View attachment 87406
Thanks for reply. Do you know of any long term rentals in Hacienda Iguana? I figured to rent something there and travel around. My wife will definitely be back and forth to family in Florida and Ga but If I could secure a rental in there for 3-6 months that would help me determine where an if I'd make a purchase in Nica or I might just want to rent and travel there 3-6 months every year? WHo knows??

Reactions: flyinraptr

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
Thanks for reply. Do you know of any long term rentals in Hacienda Iguana? I figured to rent something there and travel around. My wife will definitely be back and forth to family in Florida and Ga but If I could secure a rental in there for 3-6 months that would help me determine where an if I'd make a purchase in Nica or I might just want to rent and travel there 3-6 months every year? WHo knows??
Actually i have a house that we are selling and just listed on the market - i would entertain a long term rental while we're trying to sell it - if interested. There might be the occasional person wanting to take a look at it - we would do a 24hr notice or something of that nature. It has 3 bedrooms/ 2 1/2 baths. It is situated on the golf course - walk out the back gate onto the fairway ... 8 min walk to Colorados or Panga Drops. I can also put you in contact with a couple of property managers.

front.jpg

back.jpg

living room.jpg

kitchen.jpg

atrium.jpg
master bed.jpg
guest bed1.jpg

pool.jpg

Reactions: donger

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Actually i have a house that we are selling and just listed on the market - i would entertain a long term rental while we're trying to sell it - if interested. There might be the occasional person wanting to take a look at it - we would do a 24hr notice or something of that nature. It has 3 bedrooms/ 2 1/2 baths. It is situated on the golf course - walk out the back gate onto the fairway ... 8 min walk to Colorados or Panga Drops. I can also put you in contact with a couple of property managers.

View attachment 87487

View attachment 87488

View attachment 87489

View attachment 87490

View attachment 87491
View attachment 87492
View attachment 87493

View attachment 87494
Man that is a sick pad.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
Beautiful home, fly. Fook you for complaining about your 72 degree water, though. ;-)
LOL - Thanks! .... yeah - one day i was going out the door with my full 2m springsuit in hand and Mrs. Flyinraptr gave me a ration of sh!t about it ... i am now used to 80-85 degree temps - so 72 is a big drop especially with the wind.

• Haha
Reactions: scdad

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
thats what i wear in the dead of winter!!!!!!!!!!!!

puto!!!! fug this quarantine! i'm coming down to see you once this action levels out! If I can...I'm bringing the highest quality beverages to return the favor of last time!

speaking of which...nay chance you'd be game to find the where of a decent ballgame if i get some kind of advance notice?

Last edited:

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
Hey 20W .... Everything is shut down here at moment. There hasn't been any official isolation notices but pretty much everyone is doing it on a voluntary basis. I understand Hacienda Iguana - Playa Colorado's is closed except for people who live there. Only one spot is closed down near SJDS. The anticipation is that Central America is behind the US and Europe with regards to outbreaks and the expectation is that it will hit hard here at some point. Who knows? So water warmed up a bit - went out early last week and got my legs chewed up by jelly fish. By the time i got home - felt like legs were on fire - it was a cold Tona and in the pool for a couple of hours. So a few days later - i thought i'd be smart - wore my short sleeve -full springsuit - fun sessions but the bastards went for my arms! I saw one about 4' long - had one stuck on the velcro of my watchband - i was thrashing around trying to get it off without touching it - probably looked like i was crazy.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
LOL - Thanks! .... yeah - one day i was going out the door with my full 2m springsuit in hand and Mrs. Flyinraptr gave me a ration of sh!t about it ... i am now used to 80-85 degree temps - so 72 is a big drop especially with the wind.
72 with wind is a fullsuit for me.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Hey 20W .... Everything is shut down here at moment. There hasn't been any official isolation notices but pretty much everyone is doing it on a voluntary basis. I understand Hacienda Iguana - Playa Colorado's is closed except for people who live there. Only one spot is closed down near SJDS. The anticipation is that Central America is behind the US and Europe with regards to outbreaks and the expectation is that it will hit hard here at some point. Who knows? So water warmed up a bit - went out early last week and got my legs chewed up by jelly fish. By the time i got home - felt like legs were on fire - it was a cold Tona and in the pool for a couple of hours. So a few days later - i thought i'd be smart - wore my short sleeve -full springsuit - fun sessions but the bastards went for my arms! I saw one about 4' long - had one stuck on the velcro of my watchband - i was thrashing around trying to get it off without touching it - probably looked like i was crazy.
once did that thrasing when those little baby clear/freshly hatched crabs were crawling up my back. everyone in the water thought i was on a bad one

Reactions: flyinraptr

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
What's the story down there now? Considering waiting out the economy again down in LatAm.