Niacin

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Solgar 50+ multivitamin.

Probiotics.

Self grown, proccesed and pressed, cannabis oils.

Nuttin else hunny, unless it's recreational.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Atorvastatina here for cholesterol. At night. After years of taking blood pressure medicine I don’t take anything for that anymore. I take vitamin b complex, can’t remember how much niacin but it’s easy to tell it’s passing through and I think that’s what your system didn’t absorb anyway?

Cholesterol goes hand in hand with elevated glucose levels, especially as you get older.
good to know. I finally gave in and have been on metropolol For a while. I was in another med that made my cholesterol worse. I barely got off that so want to give it a couple more months before I take a statin. My lp was normal 9 months ago now total is like 330. I really hope that was from the med side effect. its a crazy increase. The worst thing I eat is carne asada tacos a couple times a week. I thought that was ok?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
good to know. I finally gave in and have been on metropolol For a while. I was in another med that made my cholesterol worse. I barely got off that so want to give it a couple more months before I take a statin. My lp was normal 9 months ago now total is like 330. I really hope that was from the med side effect. its a crazy increase. The worst thing I eat is carne asada tacos a couple times a week. I thought that was ok?
80% of your cholesterol is genetic and not diet related.

There's a calculator you can use online where you put in your lipid panel numbers, age etc and it shows you on a percentage basis how much protection a statin can provide from a future cardiac event. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Reactions: rts265

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
80% of your cholesterol is genetic and not diet related.

There's a calculator you can use online where you put in your lipid panel numbers, age etc and it shows you on a percentage basis how much protection a statin can provide from a future cardiac event. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Yeah just learned my uncle who runs marathons and eats healthy and chit has high cholesterol that he can’t control and is on statins so i may be farked. I was taking a med that is notorious for increasing cholesterol. I’ve only been off it two months. I had previously gotten my cholesterol under control by eating mostly steak so I’m crossing my fingers this is all because of that shitty medication.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Check it out. 6 weeks I dropped my numbers. Been doing kettlebells and peloton a few times a week. Stopped eating out. No deep fried foods. Lots of steak. 1000mg niacin after dinner. No fkn statins!

march 24
D9BCF366-2C7E-454C-B88D-DE8740BA1211.jpeg

may 1117AA0EA7-0847-4887-BF66-967D76B259BD.jpeg

Last edited:

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
prescribed
metFOMIN, Metoprolol, Atorvastin, and Clopidogrel

along with these anti-aging, antioxidant, anti inflammatory supplements
Berberine, Tumeric, DHEA, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Pregnenolone, Zinc, Quercetin, Zanthosyn

MetFORMIN gives you loose bowels which is good
I'd rather have the runs than ongoing constipation anyday

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
Try the niacin first.

buy a home blood pressure machine for $30 and start willing yourself to have lower blood pressure.

Don't take the statins if you can avoid.

--Dr Auto
Dear doctor:

Just to be clear, statins are not prescribed to control blood pressure.

• Haha
Reactions: rts265

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Check it out. 6 weeks I dropped my numbers. Been doing kettlebells and peloton a few times a week. Stopped eating out. No deep fried foods. Lots of steak. 1000mg niacin after dinner. No fkn statins!

march 24
View attachment 109437

may 11View attachment 109438
Triglycerides are fungible to a degree.

You can work your ass off and get the numbers down...but it's 80% genetics. You're going to be naturally high forever.

You're not going to die tomorrow from high cholesterol...but what do you stand to gain by playing with fire? Statins are such an easy call.