Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Levi umm has a nice niacin flush and Ashrangadah to reduce cortisol

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
My doc said Niacin could help with my blood pressure. Haven't taken him up on it, using other drugs instead

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Try the niacin first.

buy a home blood pressure machine for $30 and start willing yourself to have lower blood pressure.

Don't take the statins if you can avoid.

--Dr Auto
I already gave in to some other meds and it’s just an endless cycle. I have to draw the line somewhere.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Yeah my cholesterol is up and they gave me crestor. I really don’t want to take it.
Crestor has less serious side effects than a heart attack. If you get side effects there's alternative statins that you will tolerate. Most people take them before bed to sleep though any side effects. The honest truth is that high cholesterol is more genetic than dietary depending on your levels today....lowering it naturally to healthy levels is very difficult to impossible.

It's hard to find a modern medicine that has saved more lives than statins.

It's extremely rare to someone in the United States or most of the Western world to be niacin deficient.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Crestor has less serious side effects than a heart attack. If you get side effects there's alternative statins that you will tolerate. Most people take them before bed to sleep though any side effects. The honest truth is that high cholesterol is more genetic than dietary depending on your levels today....lowering it naturally to healthy levels is very difficult to impossible.

It's hard to find a modern medicine that has saved more lives than statins.

It's extremely rare to someone in the United States or most of the Western world to be niacin deficient.
Atorvastatina here for cholesterol. At night. After years of taking blood pressure medicine I don’t take anything for that anymore. I take vitamin b complex, can’t remember how much niacin but it’s easy to tell it’s passing through and I think that’s what your system didn’t absorb anyway?

Cholesterol goes hand in hand with elevated glucose levels, especially as you get older.

Reactions: rts265