New stubby/alt DD options

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
spjones123
OTF status

Friday at 1:04 PM
Before GG derails another thread, my limited experience with Panda boards is nothing but positive. I had a Doinker Egg a few years back and the Shrizz is a blast.

Most of my recent boards have been twin+trailer. Personal preference, but it’s my default favorite. But I don’t think they really feel like twins. They feel (to me) like loose thrusters. The Shrizz is the first board I’ve had that feels like it has most of the drive and squirt of a straight twin. But it re-engages and doesn’t release when a twin would. I think a lot of guys here are really really good surfers and can anticipate/handle when a twin is about to slide out. I can‘t. So the Shrizz is kind of best of both worlds.

It also has a really big sweet spot. Take off in the white water and don’t land quite right, no problem. Foot a little far forward on a bottom turn, no problem. It’s kind of everything I thought the CI Bobby Quad was going to be.
Curious why so misled on booby quad when the superbuzz/buzzsaw had been out now for almost 10 years :foreheadslap:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
The BQ definitely isnt a Superbuzz. I borrowed a friend of a friends for one sesh years ago. And at this point, the Mr Buzz is such an old model I’ve never seen one in the flesh and all you can really find is one grainy video of Nathan busting airs, and pulling into tubes at the Wedge. Obviously I was wrong, but the initial (pre-release) videos of Yadin on the BQ made it seem like a very different kind of ride. ‍♂

I know a lot of people think the BQ is just a straight up ripoff of the MrB. But while not my favorite brand (stretch being my favorite), I generally hold CI in high regard, given what they’ve done the last couple decades; and give them the benefit of the doubt. Inspired by with a bunch of tweaks? Sure. Same board? Ehhhh

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
The BQ definitely isnt a Superbuzz. I borrowed a friend of a friends for one sesh years ago. And at this point, the Mr Buzz is such an old model I’ve never seen one in the flesh and all you can really find is one grainy video of Nathan busting airs, and pulling into tubes at the Wedge. Obviously I was wrong, but the initial (pre-release) videos of Yadin on the BQ made it seem like a very different kind of ride. ‍♂

I know a lot of people think the BQ is just a straight up ripoff of the MrB. But while not my favorite brand (stretch being my favorite), I generally hold CI in high regard, given what they’ve done the last couple decades; and give them the benefit of the doubt. Inspired by with a bunch of tweaks? Sure. Same board? Ehhhh
Could not disagree with you more and think booby quad is hybrid of superbuzz and buzzsaw which I own both. All the buzz boards can be tuned for low to mid to mid to high end waves and sounds to me like booby quad is better on good waves with push. My superbuzz has bad low end wave needs to have push but from waist to oh+ goes and then my buzzsaw is my good hpsb step up to sb. Mr buzz is/was still plenty being shaped good wave board you need push and think Nathan wanted more rail for turn/carve so moved to 5150:waving:

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
i would not be riding that in rincon like that but i'm also not bobby hahaha
He does a good job holding on rail I would have issues keeping it like that being so small

Reactions: MathDebater