New Ride: Firewire Related

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
you mention the LFT feels,which I despise but I'm still considering this board, for my wife.

I got a 7'3"Parmenter vector coda, ostensibly for both of us to ride, but the thing is a heavily glassed beast. True paddle machine ,which I love. But it's just too much board for her to deal with.

so thinking some epoxy pop-out might be easier for her.

just don't want to pay so much.
Have a look at this: comes with the flex twins which I really like in a 7'6" midlength I have.
May be too much foam though. It is eps/epoxy. Would be fun at the Pass for you as a crowd control vehicle.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Really, you despise it? I definitely don't have any issues with it but like I did say before, it's an adjustment for sure. It has some pros and cons.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to overpower it when surfing aggressively in punchier surf. I kind of think so but we'll see. But I do think that a board like this would be a fun / easier ride for you wife and be a pretty good time if you wanted to pull it out for yourself.
Maybe despise is too strong a word.

I find it an unreliable friend.

Today is a classic example. It's blowing hard offshore. I know from bitter experience that LFT just won't "sit" down in the water like pu/pe. Either on the take-off, or through turns.

I don't like that kind of flimsy feeling handling.

Reactions: urchined and mundus

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Have a look at this: comes with the flex twins which I really like in a 7'6" midlength I have.
May be too much foam though. It is eps/epoxy. Would be fun at the Pass for you as a crowd control vehicle.
cheers, that actually looks pretty sweet.

but yeah, the problem with buying pop-outs is they get so "foamy" and oversized, so quickly as you up the length.

my wife is little, she can surf but she doesn't need the board some linebacker who wants a new surfboard requires.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
It's been a long time since I've ridden something that might not pass the sniff test around here but when I saw these come out I really couldn't resist. What's not to like? A lightweight, midlength fish with a snappy quad setup? Sign me up. I currently have a PU/PE Rob Machado go fish and it's a pretty legit twin. Between that and what I see in the online videos, I'm feeling like this board is going to rip.

Because I'm already a little bit uncomfortable with the idea of adding a board like this to the rack of any otherwise erbb approved quiver I couldn't simply opt for the plain white vanilla option. As such, it took some time to track down one of the tinted versions of these boards but I was finally able to find one that recently landed at Proof Lab. Hoping to get it out for a test ride tomorrow.

View attachment 91266View attachment 91267
Needs more wd40 cans