New Griffin logo coming to a mid Pacific island near you

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
fins designed for the board came in the mail today. swell is non-existent. Oahu will be cursed for the next week until I leave and go back to where I came from.
zero overlap w option to go more b/c of Greg's fin tabs. Mains on the dots. Just as god intended.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Looks awesome!

How big are the mains? Do you mind sharing how far back they are set?

Is the fin placement any different from the Jobson placement you typically go with?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
ghostshaper said:
need 4 speed said:
tight, look forward to your ride report
Need swell ASAP
There is waves at my spot. It's windy, but it was overhead and had push yesterday. Do you like saltwater bukkake? Go to Diamond Head Light House. Windy right wedges with probably 4 guys out. Best on medium to high tide and looks best in the afternoon/evening light. Watch out for the giant coral head on the inside.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Jobson: 8.75"
Mine: 8
I'll let Greg chime in on his #s if he wants to.

Race, we're staying in Kailua, my grandma lives in Waikiki. I'm trying to decide if it's worth $200 to bring boards back and forth (family trip, surfing is low priority). South shore forecast doesn't look great. Would be fun to surf w some of you guys though.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
need 4 speed said:
:pokestick:
Jobson over 8"from the tail
These look a bit father back
My bad. I never paid attention to twinzer fin placement until I started to become interested in trying one somewhat recently. All I knew was that Ghostshaper liked Jobson's twinzers and as a result has shaped some Jobson inspired boards.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
mine @7 1/2"
fwiw
I've been moving father back and reducing fin size
so i too am always curious as to others fin position
I make my own fins so i mess with template a little
I have found ,for me, that the MR fin @8-8.5" didn't work well
I like a fin with quite a bit more rake
ymmv