New Griffin logo coming to a mid Pacific island near you

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Thanks, yeah flat bottom. Greg made the file and I had Sean Jensen cut it. When he saw the file he said, "there's no concave. You might as well just shape it yourself." Haha. Add to that fact that Greg puts in his bottom tuck by hand. It's fine though, bc I've been a disciple of the hard tucked bottom edge.

Greg's going to send me the fins designed for the board. Who wouldn't get his fins? :pokestick:

The hard part was finding a glasser to do it within 2 weeks bc I'm planning to take it to Oahu next week. Luckily, retodd asked aloha glassing and they said they could do it in a week, which is awesome considering it's contest season over here. The favors are piling up.

Jkb, if it's done by next week, you're welcome to give it a go before I leave.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
ghostshaper said:
Thanks, yeah flat bottom. Greg made the file and I had Sean Jensen cut it. When he saw the file he said, "there's no concave. You might as well just shape it yourself." Haha. Add to that fact that Greg puts in his bottom tuck by hand. It's fine though, bc I've been a disciple of the hard tucked bottom edge.

Greg's going to send me the fins designed for the board. Who wouldn't get his fins? :pokestick:

The hard part was finding a glasser to do it within 2 weeks bc I'm planning to take it to Oahu next week. Luckily, retodd asked aloha glassing and they said they could do it in a week, which is awesome considering it's contest season over here. The favors are piling up.

Nice, just figured you'd have them by now.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
ghostshaper said:

Oh man! Thanks for the offer!

I'll surely take you up on that; however, I'll wait until you get back from your trip. I'd feel like a total piece of sh!t if something were to happen and I damaged your board before you left.

What's the volume on it?

:grin: Completely joking.

That thing looks so good. Love the outline and the rails :facelick:

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
No worries. I'll let you know when it's ready. I have about 3 weeks until school starts, so I'm free most days until then.

The volume on the file said 28L but the rails are foiled really thin. They're round but thin, just like Maurice Cole's. Jdj said the rails on his Griffin are thin, too. Luckily, the waters warm (no suit) and I lost weight on my road trip, so I'll float like a feather.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
glassed in 2 days! just picked it up this a.m. and took it out w/o the Griffindoor's fins (used MR78s instead). cure schmure, no smell, pe never stops curing anyway. Verdict: no slidey, but needs canards. Wasn't getting the drive off the bottom or out of roundhouses that I get from my daily twinzer. Once I get the fins designed for the board, this thing is going to go!

hard to see here, but nice hard tuck all the way to the nose

piggy checking the fin placement

piggy trying to sniff out where the concave went

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Awww, what a cute little boar.

The pig's not bad looking either :hat:

RTP

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 10, 2010
GS invented ghostshaping back in the 80s in Santa Cruz. You won't hear this from the surf industrial complex.

Is that pigpen cleaner than your shaping bay?

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Carl177 said:
GS invented ghostshaping back in the 80s in Santa Cruz. You won't hear this from the surf industrial complex.

Is that pigpen cleaner than your shaping bay?
:roflmao:

You should see my lawn