Never forget…

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
i have FINALLY been given permission to return to the office after refusing the corporate mandate to get a covid shot

haven't been there since march of 2020

been hitting HR and my supervisor with written requests to return to office since june of 2020

will be great to reconnect with my crew, buy them all drinks, and perhaps set a new personal record for a bar tab

also will be interesting to see how life in the office has changed over the past 4 years
At that point, why even go back? One of my largest clients just mandated its employees return to the office 3 days a week effective January first and one of my long time contacts there turned in his resignation over it rather than going back to commuting and being chained to a desk again. And it was only 3 days a week they were making them come in. :oops:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
At that point, why even go back? One of my largest clients just mandated its employees return to the office 3 days a week effective January first and one of my long time contacts there turned in his resignation over it rather than going back to commuting and being chained to a desk again. And it was only 3 days a week they were making them come in. :oops:
I have not met a person who did not fuck off while working at home.

When I was Zoom teaching I was drinking monster energy drinks and tequila at hour six online.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
What irritates me is that they try to sell the Return to Office as a chance for us all to collaborate in person, reconnect, all that kumbaya stuff.

But when you do exactly that and chit-chat in respective cubes for an hour or so about whatever is a worthy subject matter (and you're dealing with scientists/engineers, most of who have ADHD), then management complains.

They're all full of sh!t - it's about control.

I once worked at a place that had strict internet filters. Couldn't even access gmail. Actually was a pain in the ass because there were sites I needed to do my job that I couldn't access. But when I was feeling less than motivated, heh, they didn't block google maps. I can waste DAYS on that sh!t. And yes, although the map track does get weird in the Sierras, I have scroll-mapped the PCT from Campo to Canada more than once. :roflmao:

Reactions: Mr Doof

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
note how that d'bag Cuomo takes zero responsibility for his own actions in spreading hysteria and misinformation and instead serves up the lame excuse that "we were given wrong information"

what a pussy
So I listened to the whole interview. What I found rather interesting, aside from the fact Chris Cuomo is a sociopath, is that Chris unwittingly admits that CNN is literally just a government propaganda network.

Their “reporting” was so ingrained and intertwined with whatever the government tells them to say that Chris, being part of the machine, couldn’t even see that that’s what it was.

Not only that he saw, and still sees, no problem with him being a stenographer for the “official” government narratives. Nowhere in there did he ever even consider doing any investigation into what he was being told to say nor did he stop to think that what he, and the rest of CNN, was even a problem.

It was a reoccurring theme in the interview, “we said what we said on CNN because that’s what the government told us.”

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
lol

hold on to that dream, Joe!

there's a reason why even the third world gave it up

• Haha
Reactions: kpd73

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
so funny watching the bugmen missing the point entirely (as usual)

we will never know whether ivermectin is an effective treatment for covid for the same reason that we will never know whether there are long term negative side effects for the covid shots

propaganda is powerful - always has been, but never as powerful as it now thanks to analytics driven content development

science is a wonderful thing, but it is currently corrupted by money, politics, and propaganda

Last edited: