Mysterious behavior from A hole in Porto

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
been a couple summers since they were widespread. im sure there always lurking but there was a couple summers where you were pretty much guaranteed to see one cruising the lineup.
i just gotta add that 2013 was a fun year to watch 'em swim...
i should edit some classic old vid clips, probs would help thin out thee crowds down there,
hmmm, nah, but these 2 clips are still kinda cool:
+
hahaha...
:drowning:

tbuc

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jun 12, 2006

The “shark nurseries” where they grow have typically been south of Santa Barbara County. But since the Pacific Ocean off the West Coast warmed considerably in a 2014 event known as “the Blob,” they have moved northward, the scientists found.

Hello Monterey Bay

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

The “shark nurseries” where they grow have typically been south of Santa Barbara County. But since the Pacific Ocean off the West Coast warmed considerably in a 2014 event known as “the Blob,” they have moved northward, the scientists found.

Hello Monterey Bay
Surfing in Monterey just got more interesting.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
in Aptos you can walk the beach and watch the dorsals cruising up and down

they are going bananas about it

Reactions: Ifallalot

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Those fakkas are slow!

Makko young dart around all nervous.

Those GWS's look like Rottweiler pups, the Makkos are more similar to Dobermans, with the nervousness and constant jitters and whatnot.

Makko = Marrajo (here in the Canaries)

We get LOADS of them.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Porto is pretty nuts. I got to the point where my go to move was to park at the beach park at the bottom of Grand and paddle my big 10'0" glider fish over to the south side of the Porto jetty and just play around on the mushy reforms and then paddle back. Tough to have fun otherwise. Same at Topanga. Park on PCH south of the old Chart House, paddle north, surf waaaaay inside at the point, paddle back. Otherwise it is just a really frustrating experience all the way around. Better off going for a trail run in the morning or something.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Porto is pretty nuts. I got to the point where my go to move was to park at the beach park at the bottom of Grand and paddle my big 10'0" glider fish over to the south side of the Porto jetty and just play around on the mushy reforms and then paddle back. Tough to have fun otherwise. Same at Topanga. Park on PCH south of the old Chart House, paddle north, surf waaaaay inside at the point, paddle back. Otherwise it is just a really frustrating experience all the way around. Better off going for a trail run in the morning or something.
Are you still living in your van when you are here?

i_ride_spinnaz

OTF status
Aug 19, 2020
Older van? I believe we met in that parking lot last year. I remember asking you about your board