MLB 2021

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Yankees have made it through a tough stretch with the D-Team. We have nobodies like Andrew Velazquez, Luis Gil and Greg Allen playing their nuts off while Gerrit Cole, Jordan Montgomery, Corey Kluber, Luis Severino, Domingo German, Aroldis Chapman, Aaron Judge, Anthony Rizzo, Gleyber Torres, Gio Urshela, Zach Britton, Wanday Peralta, Clay Holmes and I’m sure I’m forgetting others have all been on the IL in the past month. Somehow in that time, despite some horrendous losses, we just keep winning and are now in the lead for the wildcard and closing on the division. This has been a torturous season overall, and the fun is just beginning. Even Andrew Fvcking Heaney threw 7ip of 2h baseball against the Red Sox tonight for the sweep.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
One thing I love about living up north is that I can actually watch Dodger games without them being blacked out.

But man, that game last night/this morning against Padres was agonizing. Pitchers duel for 14 innings (7 hits total) until some 2 run back-and-forths in the 15th and 16th. So much for the runner at 2nd speeding up extra innings.

Gotta say that Roberts managed those extra innings extremely well. 6 intentional walks AND an intentional balk?! I have never seen that before in one game. :crazy2:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The intentional balk was pretty awesome. But as much as you wanna tip your cap to Roberts and the Dodgers, that was the worst situational hitting I’ve ever seen, by both teams. 5 innings of baseball with Manfred’s silly rule starting an inning with a runner in scoring position and neither team could drive in a run.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I KNEW that the Padres would promptly tie it in bottom of the 15th with Tatis very pissed off. :roflmao:

I got to a point around the 13th where it was just, SOMEONE score so the game ends, I don't even care who wins. Well, I did but damn that was painful.

Reactions: $kully

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
One thing I love about living up north is that I can actually watch Dodger games without them being blacked out.

But man, that game last night/this morning against Padres was agonizing. Pitchers duel for 14 innings (7 hits total) until some 2 run back-and-forths in the 15th and 16th. So much for the runner at 2nd speeding up extra innings.

Gotta say that Roberts managed those extra innings extremely well. 6 intentional walks AND an intentional balk?! I have never seen that before in one game. :crazy2:
Problem is the giants keep winning

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Another shitty seasn for the Padres. At least they're consistent.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Another shitty seasn for the Padres. At least they're consistent.
That 8th inning the other night must have been painful. :roflmao:

Put the kids to bed, saw it was 9-5, Mookie hit that first homer, ok, this is a little more manageable, but then holy sh!t. :jamon:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

I personally root for Baltimore in all circumstances unless they're playing the Yankees. It's murderously difficult to be as solid as Toronto or Tampa Bay in the AL East and they've got natural underdog appeal. I don't want to see that team fold and most baseball fans seem to say Camden Yards is the best, or among the best places in MLB. And the happy bird logo is very endearing, unlike that hideously ugly stunted holly bush B with tree skeet and dip spit rubbed all over it.

Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I personally root for Baltimore in all circumstances unless they're playing the Yankees. It's murderously difficult to be as solid as Toronto or Tampa Bay in the AL East and they've got natural underdog appeal. I don't want to see that team fold and most baseball fans seem to say Camden Yards is the best, or among the best places in MLB. And the happy bird logo is very endearing, unlike that hideously ugly stunted holly bush B with tree skeet and dip spit rubbed all over it.
This is why Boone needs to be fired for anything less than making the World Series…

We should be playing for the division right now not the wild card.

The precedent was set with Joe Girardi.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit