MLB 2021

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The Yankees are unwatchably bad. Feels like Dolan secretly bought the team in the offseason. Yankees are the new Knicks. No heart, no fun.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I see the Pads are currently 9 and 7. Sounds like they've peaked.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Its only going to get faster. We have a high school kid here right now throwing over 100.

One of my son's high school classmates was in the high 90s and is with the Angels in the minors now right out of high school. When my son played little league with this kid I was scared for the batters. His velocity was so high at 46 feet and his control wasn't there yet that it was freighting. Saw him hit a couple of batters and it was baaaaad.

These kids are getting high level coaching from a young age. I think we will see 105+ becoming a norm within the next 5 - 10 years and that someone will get to 110. Its like the way we now have 11 year old kids doing flips on surfboards at Waco.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Its only going to get faster. We have a high school kid here right now throwing over 100.

One of my son's high school classmates was in the high 90s and is with the Angels in the minors now right out of high school. When my son played little league with this kid I was scared for the batters. His velocity was so high at 46 feet and his control wasn't there yet that it was freighting. Saw him hit a couple of batters and it was baaaaad.

These kids are getting high level coaching from a young age. I think we will see 105+ becoming a norm within the next 5 - 10 years and that someone will get to 110. Its like the way we now have 11 year old kids doing flips on surfboards at Waco.

Then there's this

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Great fvcking game!

Lineup hung in there against a dominant start by Rodon. MOntgomery hung with him. Triple play with the game tied & RISP in the top of the 9th and a walk-off in the bottom. It’s what you want! This is the kinda game that makes baseball fun and builds momentum for a team.

Actually a bit surprised that LaRussa didn’t call for a review of the third out. Maybe he forgot there’s a replay rule or didn’t know?

Last edited:

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I hate that nazi pos bauer...but man...watching him pitch is osmething else. straight competitor....skills....in the moment HATRED for the batter. entertaining sh!t as opposed to the majority of these grab-arse dbags