Minimal Quiver: 4 Boards Max

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
When I have to whittle it down to four I’m surprised how obvious it is within
my quiver. Here goes…

5’ 6” Merrick High 5. By default this has become my only grover so it’s in the list.

5’9” Stamps GX. My everyday SB, no brainer.

6’3” Ghost. The step up by which all are judged, imho.

6’9” Stamps Sultwinn w/trailer. Boards has such a wide range and surfs effortlessly.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Thanks to budget and garage space my quiver is limited to 3 boards at a time plus the family wavestorm that I am usually too ashamed to ride except on the tiniest of days.

5’4” Album Plasmic - Currently being glassed at XTR to replace the 5’6” that felt too buoyant for me. Hoping I’ll love this one.

5’7” Firewire Glazer - Bought based off of the fun I had on the Seaside. Only had a few surfs on it so still feeling it out.

6’8” Ryan Sakal Sabre - First midlength I’ve owned and thought I’d use it on tiny days. So far had the most fun on head high days at reef breaks. This is one I think I’ll hang on to for a long time. Still figuring out how to surf it but having fun in the process.

8’0 Wavestorm -When its 1 ft or less and I am desperate to paddle around.

Reactions: jkb and trifish

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
When I have to whittle it down to four I’m surprised how obvious it is within
my quiver. Here goes…

5’ 6” Merrick High 5. By default this has become my only grover so it’s in the list.

5’9” Stamps GX. My everyday SB, no brainer.

6’3” Ghost. The step up by which all are judged, imho.

6’9” Stamps Sultwinn w/trailer. Boards has such a wide range and surfs effortlessly.
have u tried sultwinn as straight twin yet?

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
5'6 PU ASQ Mandala. Oversized, over-volume, bit heavy. Despite this, fun like hell. Just the way it glides...
5'5 JT Dad Bod in Dark Arts. All the hype is true. Versatile and feels very, very alive. Minimum dims & Vol.
5'10 SharpEye I72 in Dark Arts. When you want to get the job properly done.
6'0 Pyzel Ghost in Dark Arts. All is said.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
1) GMM2 (grovels)
2) HS Untitled (dd)
3) Burch Picklefork Asym (hpsb)
4) Step-up (still searching......Blackbird and Ghost are on the short list)
1) GMM2 (grovels)
2) Love the Untitled, but want to try some different feelz. Akila Con Fish is on the short list to fill the dd slot.
3) Burch Picklefork Asym (hpsb)
4) Burch Picklefork Asym stap

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
5'6 Cymatic - Very fun board and works great in a variety of conditions. Quads for when more drive is needed.
5'7 Aipa Flat Earth - Very loose and fun.
6' CI Happy - Standard HPSB
6' Machado Sunday - Trying to transition to a midlength but this is as far as I could make myself go for the time being.