Merry Christmas!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
actually, it doesn't. the only part of it that got anyone riled is having the bad taste to insert it into a bunch of kids' Christmas Eve chat with the Prez. otherwise, it's the death rattle of a dying political fringe group who have nothing substantial to contribute otherwise. in that sense, it's kind of sadly comical.
LOL, there were people calling for the Southwest pilot to be fired. The fact that it's even being talked about is proof that some people are still butthurt about it. There were memes about Trump of similar humor (or lack thereof) that were equally or more viral than this.

Agree on your last 2 sentences.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
LOL, there were people calling for the Southwest pilot to be fired. The fact that it's even being talked about is proof that some people are still butthurt about it. There were memes about Trump of similar humor (or lack thereof) that were equally or more viral than this.

Agree on your last 2 sentences.
the pilot should be fired

to say he should be allowed to be so fkn unprofessional while responsible for the lives of 200 other humans is laughable.

if you or I did that in a client meeting and it was reported, we would be rightfully terminated

you keep picking really lame things to not only argue over, but to cling extremely tightly to....that was three fkn months ago; I hope you're not talking southwestington kid 3 years later like you talk about covington kid

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
the pilot should be fired

to say he should be allowed to be so fkn unprofessional while responsible for the lives of 200 other humans is laughable.

if you or I did that in a client meeting and it was reported, we would be rightfully terminated

you keep picking really lame things to not only argue over, but to cling extremely tightly to....that was three fkn months ago; I hope you're not talking southwestington kid 3 years later like you talk about covington kid
The announcements on planes are so boring that no one listens
except when they have some fun with them

they should steer clear of politics
firable offense?
I wish people could have more of a sense of humor so it wouldn’t ever be possibly a fire able offense

Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The announcements on planes are so boring that no one listens
except when they have some fun with them

they should steer clear of politics
firable offense?
I wish people could have more of a sense of humor so it wouldn’t ever be possibly a fire able offense
you guys can try to high road it all you want, but I vehemently disagree

I don't care what the political affiliation is, it's wildly unprofessional and the guy can fk off

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
you guys can try to high road it all you want, but I vehemently disagree

I don't care what the political affiliation is, it's wildly unprofessional and the guy can fk off
I’m not taking a high road
I just think let’s go Brandon isn’t such a mean thing to say
I mean it only hurts if you let it hurt
If you ignore or even laugh about it, it would loose its power

I’m not super passionate about it, I just think everyone needs to lighten up

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Translation: I am deeply offended when people say "lets go Brandon" :(
Not nearly as offended as when someone on a bike gave Trump's motorcade the finger, that's for sure.

Unless the Southwest Pilot has been fired, then we're at equality. Otherwise, the taking offense problem is on the Right, not the Left.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not nearly as offended as when someone on a bike gave Trump's motorcade the finger, that's for sure.
Which didn't offend me one bit. Anyone who gets offended and riled up over this crap is dumb.

Unless the Southwest Pilot has been fired, then we're at equality. Otherwise, the taking offense problem is on the Right, not the Left.
The Left is the one throwing a fit about a dumb meme. Like Covington, lets not forget the ilk who makes this crap "news" and controversial in the first place.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Which didn't offend me one bit. Anyone who gets offended and riled up over this crap is dumb.

The Left is the one throwing a fit about a dumb meme. Like Covington, lets not forget the ilk who makes this crap "news" and controversial in the first place.
Uhhh, to reiterate, the person on the Left was fired, the person on the Right has not been fired. I'm sorry my team wants its pound of flesh, and two wrongs don't make a right, but they do make it equally unfair, instead of unequally unfair.

I don't think smirking is a particularly big deal. It's a way, way, way bigger deal than wearing a tan suit.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Uhhh, to reiterate, the person on the Left was fired, the person on the Right has not been fired. I'm sorry my team wants its pound of flesh, and two wrongs don't make a right, but they do make it equally unfair, instead of unequally unfair.
I wasn't aware of the team head count for who's been fired or not. Probably because I really don't care enough to keep track.

Nor do I think that just because an irrational consequence happened to someone one side, then it should automatically happen to a similar offender on the other side.

Reactions: GromsDad

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Bringing politics or religion into the workplace is fucking stupid. Yeah, you might get a few attaboys from the useless rabble on one side or another but all you're going to do is unnecessarily p*ss off a significant percentage of the people you work with on a daily basis.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
She was also fired from her job for giving Trump the finger. You post some astoundingly stupid and uninformed people's Twitter.

I'm with Random Guy. I just wish the Right was as well.
And isn’t she an elected official now?

this of that as an upgrade, not a firing

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Bringing politics or religion into the workplace is fucking stupid. Yeah, you might get a few attaboys from the useless rabble on one side or another but all you're going to do is unnecessarily p*ss off a significant percentage of the people you work with on a daily basis.
That’s why you bring up both at the same time