Merry Christmas!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
the term “slur” is often used in by conjunction with “racist” or some other discriminatory term. Which is why it was chosen.

Your programming is working, obvi :trout:
You are the only one who connected it with racism, moron. :roflmao:

Eternal victim.

Literally Auschwitz!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You are the only one who connected it with racism, moron. :roflmao:

Eternal victim.

Literally Auschwitz!
"an insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation."

Definition of slur
(Entry 1 of 4)
1a: an insulting or disparaging remark or innuendo : ASPERSION
b: a shaming or degrading effect : STAIN, STIGMA
2: a blurred spot in printed matter : SMUDGE

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Ok, but lately, I mean,if you were pairing another word with slur. What word would it be
Like. On “match game”, if they were to say “Blank Slur”, you know they’re going to get 6 matches, no matter how off any of the celebrities are
Assuming the judge would say racial and racist were close enough

I’m not saying I know that was the intention of the use of the word, but if it was not intentional, then whoever said it might be a little out of touch

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Ok, but lately, I mean,if you were pairing another word with slur. What word would it be
Like. On “match game”, if they were to say “Blank Slur”, you know they’re going to get 6 matches, no matter how off any of the celebrities are

I’m not saying I know that was the intention of the use of the word, but if it was not intentional, then whoever said it might be a little out of touch
Well, the article clearly prefaces 'slur' with 'right wing', we don't have to guess what blank is.
So whomever equates right wing with racist is the one who is playing the match game.

I mean, why not think it's maybe a homophobic slur? Sexist slur? Transgender slur?

The right wing is capable of them all.

:shrug: :dancing:

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

:shrug: