Mental Health thread

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
sorry for your loss mundus and brukuns
peace to everyone who will miss your mother and uncle especially during the holidays

brukuns, I agree that your uncles death, under the circumstances wasn’t the worst outcome

when my father was 47, he had a similar stroke leaving him able to control one eyelid. Over the next 3 years he fought back and got strength in one side, but was never able to walk or take care of himself again. He never regained his speech. He had another stroke at 50, which left him in a coma for a week or so and on life support.
The thought of him starting that fight back was way worse than the thought of him dying.
we were relieved when he died, maybe after my mother decided to have him taken off life support
Not trying to make this about me
Just wanted to say, you’re right. After a stroke like that, death may be the best possible outcome

again peace to you both and to everyone who loved your uncle and mundus, your mother

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
sorry for your loss mundus and brukuns
peace to everyone who will miss your mother and uncle especially during the holidays

brukuns, I agree that your uncles death, under the circumstances wasn’t the worst outcome

when my weather was 47, he had a similar stroke leaving him able to control one eyelid. Over the next 3 years he fought back and got strength in one side, but was never able to walk or take care of himself again. He never regained his speech. He had another stroke at 50, which left him in a coma for a week or so and on life support.
The thought of him starting that fight back was way worse than the thought of him dying.
we were relieved when he died, maybe after my mother decided to have him taken off life support
Not trying to make this about me
Just wanted to say, you’re right. After a stroke like that, death may be the best possible outcome

again peace to you both and to everyone who loved your uncle and mundus, your mother
Thank you!

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I know it’s nowhere near as bad as what others are dealing with
But does anyone else find their wife annoying as fuck when they are prepping for holidays?
Omfg I can’t stand being around the house as she’s spinning both literally and emotionally

and if I loose my patience it will make it 1000 times worse

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I found that drinking a lot and taking the dead person's pain meds was the best way for me to deal with grief.

This might not work for everyone but it was just what the doctor ordered in my case.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
My mom passed the other night, to be honest it is bit of a relief, the suffering is over for her.
My condolences...if we run into each other I will block for you for sets off the jetty...best thing to take your mind off of life's woes is a dark colored wedge bouncing off some rocks..

Reactions: mundus

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
But does anyone else find their wife annoying as fuck when they are prepping for holidays?
Omfg I can’t stand being around the house as she’s spinning both literally and emotionally

You sound like you could use a punching bag in the garage bro

Reactions: Random Guy

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah my gf is a bit nuts with the shopping (like you don't need a gift for my sister in law's father), the baking (she does this when's she's anxious) that I'm not interested in b/c I don't eat unhealthy sh!t for the most part after a cookie or two, and the general lack of light and cold weather...been in the gym/pool a lot more first thing to set the day right.

Reactions: Random Guy

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Yeah, well not so simple since first I’ll need to get a garage
I should have put “garage“ in quotes lol but I also assume(d) you(d) know that it was a proxy for finding a way to put a bag up somewhere wicked convenient.

Bitd all the OGs engaged in fisticuffs and trained in the pugilistic arts

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

Seems to be a common thing among the fairer sex, my wife is an absolute Saint expect during the Holidays.