Meditation - why? how?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
^that or it can be like when you pull into a big open barrel and experience the energy in the water spiraling all around you. No thoughts arise as the wave opens wide and then squeezes to be spat out. That’s all. Any thinking will never make that experience better but certainly can ruin it.
thats actually one of the methods i use while meditating. they constantly remind you to visualize a situation where you are stress free, often clling out the sun or the blue sky. I use whichever tube i was in last and try to hold that as my visual.

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
David Carradine said "the master of martial arts is the cat, and the cat is not thinking about anything."

"The mind is like a wild horse. If you can tame the horse you can have a nice ride." I forget where I heard this.

Reactions: Boneroni

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
first of brah - it was a joke. I never actually sat on VM's mothers face.

second off - if youve never had a woman tongue your ass then sorry for ya! Im comfortable enough with myself and sexual orientation to know pleasure is pleasure and I really feel sorry for your homophobic self.
I had that once when young and was self-conscious about it, afterwards.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
While I agree for the most part, I will say that a consistent focused practice with little chance for distraction is different than meditating while running, walking, or waiting for waves. You always have to be paying a little bit of attention to your surroundings while running or waiting for waves, and that makes it different.

Not to talk those activities down. I do them all. It's just different
Agree, I don't really relate those activities to meditation at all.

Like WokeAF said - what I do find comes close however is the act of riding the wave itself. My mind comes really close to turning itself completely off and the thinking is really minimal.

A good session to me is where I may remember a good moment - a turn, a barrel, or missed opportunity l but don't really remember any of my other waves.

Sitting there in the lineup is being alone with your thoughts

But surfing itself is freedom from thought.

This effect is amplified when surfing mostly alone in consistent waves, you're on the treadmill just having one after another...some guy paddles out and says something about your last wave and you have no idea what he's talking about...

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Agree, I don't really relate those activities to meditation at all.

Like WokeAF said - what I do find comes close however is the act of riding the wave itself. My mind comes really close to turning itself completely off and the thinking is really minimal.

A good session to me is where I may remember a good moment - a turn, a barrel, or missed opportunity l but don't really remember any of my other waves.

Sitting there in the lineup is being alone with your thoughts

But surfing itself is freedom from thought.

This effect is amplified when surfing mostly alone in consistent waves, you're on the treadmill just having one after another...some guy paddles out and says something about your last wave and you have no idea what he's talking about...
You can't think when you perform a song.

And you are doing complicated stuff.

I mean you can think but it won't sound as good.

But it's kind of like riding away.

You are acting and reacting.

What is great is when you play off of other players.

Especially a good drummer.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

second off - if youve never had a woman tongue your ass then sorry for ya! Im comfortable enough with myself and sexual orientation to know pleasure is pleasure and I really feel sorry for your homophobic self.
I talked to her. She said your desire for anal play was insatiable. She wants to know why you're denying it now. She said you guys even came up with a nick name for her.........."Peg"?

Your second point.....Life On Mars thinks he can catch the gay.

Reactions: CutnSnip

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory

yea all good until she tries to kiss you after :roflmao: :toilet:

Reactions: CutnSnip

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'll kiss the girl after I cum in her mouth, not because I like it, but because she just gave me a BJ and swallowed my cum.

I owe it to her to be social.

Reactions: Boneroni

underdog

Michael Peterson status
Jan 7, 2005
MAINEAGEBITCHES!
For a while I went to a group meditation session once a week. I usually got very relaxed and fell asleep

I heard Sam Harris on a podcast saying something like the best life is achieved through meditation
I don’t know what the fvvk that even means

But I’m guessing we’ve got some meditators here, maybe even some experts, so, tell me
What are the benefits of meditation, beyond managing stress, and what are some of the best ways to get into it?
God Knows I need to revisit this tool!

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I think I kind of meditated one time in Scotts Valley. There's a place up there called 1440 Multiversity. I used to sell them vermouth and sake (no liquor license). They invited me up for dinner and a session in their room with sound bowls. It was pretty incredible, actually. Some of those frequencies really, literally, resonated with my body. It was cool.