Matt Biolos sounds like a Whiney bitch

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Everyone deserves a second chance and Wardo is no difference. I like the guy. He seems like he's trying to put his life back together and start over in a positive way. I see him surfing all the time and hanging with his son and lady - enjoying life. I bet that's kinda hard to move on with people throwing the past in your face.

Reactions: urchined

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
A bunch of clueless and ignorantly obedient rule followers on here just passively marching over the edge of the cliff.

Matt is right. Our government has gone rogue.
He didn't even have the balls to put his name on his whiny-ass rant on Stab about how he couldn't surf Cottons but other people could. What a rebel.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Don't know the guy, not crazy about his online persona. What I do know, he builds nice user friendly surfboards and that is what matters to me.
the only thing that matters is does he build good boards

its like people who get hung up on actors political opinions— who cares?

it has nothing to do with whether they are good at their profession

I think it’s cool that Biolos has always had an open mind about different shapes, constructions, etc

I think his logos are hideous and look like something from Garbage Pail Kids, but that is a side issue

Reactions: Ifallalot

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Wow. I find that really hard to believe. I've surfed with people that make Wardo look like Gandhi.
Actually I take that back, the actual worst person I've shared a lineup with was Lance Hookano. I was just fed up with Wardo back paddling women, old guys, boogers, kids, uncles, locals.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Actually I take that back, the actual worst person I've shared a lineup with was Lance Hookano. I was just fed up with Wardo back paddling women, old guys, boogers, kids, uncles, locals.
Would a respectful NZ solo traveler have a chance at a wave at V-Land? I'm a sucker for roll-ins.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Would a respectful NZ solo traveler have a chance at a wave at V-Land? I'm a sucker for roll-ins.
I'll share a tip. Go when it's borderline too big and as west as possible. The more washthroughs there are the less people there will be. You'll have to duckdive more than usual, but you'll get as many roll ins as you can lineup.

For example, the day before the Jaws event ran in December I surfed Vland by myself for two hours. This was during the Pipe Masters and it should have been packed, but the wash throughs scare people away.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
for sure. i had fun there and and especially on those days racer described. just don't paddle too far out and to the east chasing that wave in between v-land and the big wave spot out the back . . . there's a current out there that will try and suck you out to sea toward the inside of the big wave spot.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
He's always been an arrogant, libertarian loud mouth. It's not just his CV comments.

Not a good look if you're running a business.
So you added arrogant loud mouth.

He kind of comes across that way. It doesn't get any better IRL. But it doesn't seem to have held him back. And I got paid, so there's that. Outspoken politics of any kind are going to cost you a few fanatics in business. I figure a shapers politics are about the last thing most surfers look at when buying a new board.

He has a handle here. I haven't seen him use it in a long time. When Brother was going on about the White Diamond being copy of a Lost Rocket, I called BS on it, since I'd made the file and I had never picked up the Lost, much less copied it. Matt came on the forum and called BS on the copying thing. Indicated that the WD had a different outline, rocker, bottom and rails. That was fairly cool. He didn't have to do that publicly but he did.

Last edited: