Matt Biolos sounds like a Whiney bitch

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
And this illustrates what I'm saying - the ridiculous thinking of the majority of the electorate - and why for the most part I choose not to participate.

"If Hillary had won we wouldn't be in these circumstances right now."

There is no reasoned logic behind that statement.

There is no such thing as a president who would have taken decisive action in January (when decisive action may have helped - probably not). Decisive action would have entailed things like totally shutting down all travel, business, invoking the DPA, etc. The country simply would not have stood for it. End of January Fauci was still saying on TV the virus would not be a problem for the United States.

In mid March we had major presidential candidates (Sanders explicitly, and Biden in some way) saying they wouldn't have halted travel from China or elsewhere. In MID FVCKING MARCH for chrissakes.

In other words, all three major presidential candidates - Trump, Biden, and Sanders - would get and F rating at handling the virus. Sanders would have very likely been disastrous.

The only thing that would have likely been different would be the optics and the media.
Where did you get that Hillary quote? I didn't say that.

Would Sanders have been disastrous or would the only thing different been the optics and the media?

Make up your mind.

Honestly this was Trumps big chance to tie up his second term. Look at the polling in other countries, the rally around the flag effect has most competent leaders gaining considerable favorability ratings whereas Trump's tepid bump has already diminished. He seemed to be so focused on the stock market and how shutdown would effect it, not realizing that the markets were, in my opinion, responding in part to his lack of decisiveness and leadership. He didn't even have to have a great response, just look at a that idiot Boris Johnson for an example of how low the bar is for a leader to still gain in polling. Really just show any sort of leadership, defer to the experts and maybe don't spitball about drinking bleach during press conferences and your citizens will back you because we actually WANT you to succeed. We don't want the highest number of cases, record unemployment numbers and bailouts for big corporations while the working class and small businesses get shafted, as always.

This doesn't mean he won't get reelected. My call for a long time has been that Biden would be the dem nominee and then he will lose to Trump. I still think that's highly likely given how weak Biden is. Either way the billionaires and corporations win and the wealth disparity will continue to to grow.

sh!t sandwich 2020, eat up.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Where did you get that Hillary quote? I didn't say that.
Here's your quote

"Also, I don't disagree with the 2016 presidential election being one between two different flavors of sh!t sandwiches but I think at this point, given our current circumstances, it's pretty clear that we should have elected the sh!t sandwhich who believes in science."

I read that as under our current circumstances we'd be better off under Hillary . (?)

Would Sanders have been disastrous
He explicitly stated in mid March he wouldn't have halted travel.

Dr. Fauci says halting travel from China prevented a nationwide disaster of epic proportions.

I tend to agree - we got a little jump on preparations. A good month.

So yeah, he woulda been disastrous.

would the only thing different been the optics and the media?
Sanders would be ripped apart by the media like Trump, virus or no virus.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
A few years ago i spent a week with him in mainland mex. It was just by chance as we were in the same place at same time-I had never met him before. There is only one place to stay there so we surfed, ate, drank and hung the entire time. After all that, I can only compliment him on how he treated my buddies and I. He was good to be around, surf around, etc. No negatives.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I'll share a tip. Go when it's borderline too big and as west as possible. The more washthroughs there are the less people there will be. You'll have to duckdive more than usual, but you'll get as many roll ins as you can lineup.

For example, the day before the Jaws event ran in December I surfed Vland by myself for two hours. This was during the Pipe Masters and it should have been packed, but the wash throughs scare people away.
Thanks, mate.

Are the locals generally ok if you behave yourself?

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
A few years ago i spent a week with him in mainland mex. It was just by chance as we were in the same place at same time-I had never met him before. There is only one place to stay there so we surfed, ate, drank and hung the entire time. After all that, I can only compliment him on how he treated my buddies and I. He was good to be around, surf around, etc. No negatives.
One funny story was I asked Matt if Ward was still alive. I hadnt seen anything on him in years. Matt glared at me like he was going to throw some blows. Protecting his boy.