Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
FecalFace said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
ElOgro said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
^^ Maybe he's just sharing a funny image?

I think this is overblown. I don't think your people will be walking with everything they can carry to the Corfu ferry if Le Pen wins.
When you say "your people" exactly which people are you talking about?
Serbs, specifically in the context of what happened 100 years ago when nationalism was all the rage in Europe.

I get it that he hasn't lived in Serbia since the dissolution or just thereafter and considers himself American or UK or global or whatever.
Uh, you need a history lesson from ifall.

Nationalism caused the Balkan wars of the 90's, as well as WWII and every other stupid war.
Absolutely nothing good ever came out of it.
Wew lad.

Just so I'm clear here:

[ ] Nationalism did not cause WW1
[ ] Nationalism did cause WW1

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Sharkbiscuit said:
FecalFace said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
ElOgro said:
Sharkbiscuit said:

I think this is overblown. I don't think your people will be walking with everything they can carry to the Corfu ferry if Le Pen wins.
Serbs, specifically in the context of what happened 100 years ago when nationalism was all the rage in Europe.

I get it that he hasn't lived in Serbia since the dissolution or just thereafter and considers himself American or UK or global or whatever.

Nationalism caused the Balkan wars of the 90's, as well as WWII and every other stupid war.
Wew lad.

Just so I'm clear here:

One man can't declare a war.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
FecalFace said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
FecalFace said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
ElOgro said:

Wew lad.

Just so I'm clear here:

???

ifallalot argues that nationalism DID NOT cause WW1

I argue that nationalism DID cause WW1.

Do I need a history lesson from him, or does he need one from me?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Sharkbiscuit said:
FecalFace said:
???

ifallalot argues that nationalism DID NOT cause WW1

I argue that nationalism DID cause WW1.

Do I need a history lesson from him, or does he need one from me?
Every single war has nationalistic overtones.

I edited my original post for accuracy.

Nationalism - bad.

Thanks you.

mhurdle858

Michael Peterson status
Mar 23, 2006
San Diego
Sharkbiscuit said:
FecalFace said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
ElOgro said:
Sharkbiscuit said:

Wew lad.

Just so I'm clear here:

[x] Nationalism played a part in the cause of WW1
fixed... History is more complicated then yes or no.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
DerDer said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
FecalFace said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
ElOgro said:

Wew lad.

Just so I'm clear here:

Clear on that, just was unsure why, if FF thought nationalism was a contributor (in general) and ifallalot (in general) downplayed, I was told I needed a history lesson from ifallalot by FF when my own take seemed more in line with his.

Hence the scantron.

mhurdle858

Michael Peterson status
Mar 23, 2006
San Diego
Sharkbiscuit said:
DerDer said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
Wew lad.

Just so I'm clear here:

Clear on that, just was unsure why, if FF thought nationalism was a contributor (in general) and ifallalot (in general) downplayed, I was told I needed a history lesson from ifallalot by FF when my own take seemed more in line with his.

Hence the scantron.
Totally understand... especially in light of all the current flip-flopping of political ideals on the erbb.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Sharkbiscuit said:
ifallalot said:
And I wasn't nationalism that started the Great War, it was early globalism through the alliance system
We've been through this before. I stand by written remarks from the Austrians and the Germans, and the fact that they miscalculated and it became a much larger war in scale doesn't excuse them.

The German/Russian mutual insistence on having a racial death match has more to do with nationalism than globalism. Serbian nationalism (to your point, not a bad thing to some extent, and the South Slavs deserved a bright spot) certainly contributed to the war.

The assassin was a Serbian nationalist. The Prussian (the rest of the cucks were along for the ride in 1914) and Austrian nationalism contributed to the provocative demands.

That Russia, France, and England have a sense of morals or a series of alliances, and this is what made another inexcusable nationalist f----p into a multi-front Great War isn't the fault of England and France. Germany and Austria KNEW and tried to call that bluff and got BTFO.

And finally, if England, France, and Russia sit on their bayonets and do nothing, how does that change what happened to the Serbs in 1915 and 1916, other than resulting in a more pronounced defeat, and an exile that may have been permanent???
Despite the obvious national and racial climate of the time, the war would have never started without the alliance system. Period. if Germany wasn't allied with Austria they wouldn't have used the Serb-Russian-French alliance as an excuse to invade France.

If the war was truly about nationalism they would have all fought each other in a European Royal Rumble cage match

*DISCLAIMER* above post is massively simplified

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
???
Austria was planning to attack Serbia without respect or regard for France/Britain's actions after the assassination gave them a pretense to do so.

I would say "the Western Front" would never have started, but to me, the problem was Austrian hegemony over too many South/West Slavs, and Prussian aggression.

I'm faulting the Jack over the Ralph that agreed to protect Piggy, all day.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Sharkbiscuit said:
???
Austria was planning to attack Serbia without respect or regard for France/Britain's actions after the assassination gave them a pretense to do so.

I would say "the Western Front" would never have started, but to me, the problem was Austrian hegemony over too many South/West Slavs, and Prussian aggression.

I'm faulting the Jack over the Ralph that agreed to protect Piggy, all day.
Globalism.

But yeah, Prussian aggression definitely contributed as well. Prussians are what give the Germans a bad name

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Regardless, all the other parties have apparently aligned against Le Pen. She's supposedly down by 20%. Even if the polling is grossly inaccurate she's not nearly close enough to eke out a different election result.

When Obama won over McCain with a 53/46 vote we referred to that as a landslide.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
FecalFace said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
ElOgro said:
Sharkbiscuit said:

Nonsense

Humans are tribal animals

It is natural to have affinity for your tribe

Extreme betas like you probably can't see this

50,000 years ago, dudes like this were killed in battles for vagina access

They weren't permitted to live and spout endless bullshit

It's the ugliest face of humanity.
Le Pen represents that very well.

I left 28 years ago, way before the dissolution.

I don't have nor I've ever had "my people". Never understood tribalism.
Sure, there are some good peeps but they are everywhere, maybe those are my people?

Being blindly enamoured with a group because you happened to be born somewhere seems nonsensical to me.
I guess it's the opposite of nationalism.

psychophant

Miki Dora status
Jun 25, 2011
Hawai'i
I particularly enjoy the irony here.
Fecal cannot form coherent thoughts much less follow anyone else, even when presented with the advantage of text.

:rolleyes:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GDaddy said:
Le Pen lost because of French misogyny and the patriarchy.
:roflmao:

If you are hinting at the Hillary's debacle, it's a massive fallacy.

Since nobody ever blamed her loss on misogyny and patriarchy.

French election was a preview for 2020.