Makua Rothman is now a Rapper

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
few years back crowded day at nias he paddles out and says hello to everyone super loud and sarcastic and proceeds to sit at top of line up and says he goes next -

i responded by speaking in my sh!t pidgin loudly and say "hey braddah i go pipe and do same thing right bruddah - thats how it works" then said wait your turn

just like a bully he did not know how to respond and proceeded to back down and wait his turn

dude is a clown in the line up

also has stated many times while there that it was he and JOB who put Nias on the map hahahhah

dont know him on land so cant comment on him as a person

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
few years back crowded day at nias he paddles out and says hello to everyone super loud and sarcastic and proceeds to sit at top of line up and says he goes next -

i responded by speaking in my sh!t pidgin loudly and say "hey braddah i go pipe and do same thing right bruddah - thats how it works" then said wait your turn

just like a bully he did not know how to respond and proceeded to back down and wait his turn

dude is a clown in the line up

dont know him on land so cant comment on him as a person
Wow. what a clown.

The worst thing is he knows better but figured no one would call him on it.

like most bullies, as you said, they got no response when called out

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
I disagree. Trella is a local girl but far from a heavily accented pidgin speaking woman.
as with most local hawaiians, the pidgin is strong when they want it to be. i knew her before they were married. she could lay it on thick. hell, most haoles can.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
He pulled the same exact sh!t at Scorpion Bay back in 2012 on an epic swell. It was Makua, Eddie, and Sunny all talking sh!t, back paddling and dropping in on everyone. The hilarious thing was every time Eddie got back to the top of the point after burning everyone on his longboard, he'd have a sh!t eating grin on his face, try to small talk everyone and suggest they buy his land at Shipwrecks in Cabo and he'd give them a bro deal. Such a clown in and out of the water.

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
I'm glad Makua Rothman is throwing his own beats.
Me too. And, I hope the final cut of his video isnt done yet because I think he should throw some crip walkin' in it. That would help sell this new gangsta style thang.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Its funny that Koa seems to be a pretty together guy...his sense of whats funny and right and wrong seems pretty reasonable in his n nathan florences podcast. One brother is always a douch is probably some rule somewhere I guess...if your brother isnt a douch maybe you should be worried.

Koa is my surfer crush. I want to share silent, knowing looks, where we both understand that Makua is annoying, but like we don't want to make a problem out of it, it's easier to just laugh about it in our heads and then leave the deck and go walk on the beach. In the sunset. He would say something funny about it when we were out of ear shot, I would agree in a "well you said it, not me" kind of way.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Koa is my surfer crush. I want to share silent, knowing looks, where we both understand that Makua is annoying, but like we don't want to make a problem out of it, it's easier to just laugh about it in our heads and then leave the deck and go walk on the beach. In the sunset. He would say something funny about it when we were out of ear shot, I would agree in a "well you said it, not me" kind of way.
Pretty sure he already has his own set of bolt ons brah.

:shameonyou:

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese