Makua Rothman is now a Rapper

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Wow. <redacted>

So he's a punk and Dad's a fed.
His dads no fed.

Thats another thing that really grind my gears. When Makua starts getting up there talking about native Hawaiians rights and how the haoles this and haoles that and Hawaiians need to stand together.

But then he goes and supports his dad and swings from his dads legacy. His dads legacy was built on selling drugs and RUINING thousands of native Hawaiian families and the fabric of what made Hawaii great. Him and his pops can both get phucked. Wish them nothing but the worst.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
His dads no fed.

Thats another thing that really grind my gears. When Makua starts getting up there talking about native Hawaiians rights and how the haoles this and haoles that and Hawaiians need to stand together.

But then he goes and supports his dad and swings from his dads legacy. His dads legacy was built on selling drugs and RUINING thousands of native Hawaiian families and the fabric of what made Hawaii great. Him and his pops can both get phucked. Wish them nothing but the worst.
Federal law enforcement can bust you for anything they want. "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime." If he's been doing this, it's because he's been allowed to. I've heard all the rationales about how he's just smarter or had bribed more people and none of them satisfy Ockham's Razor in my opinion.

Reactions: sh3 and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Always seemed to have a chip on his shoulder trying to fill Daddy's shoes. Had a bit of rep according to the NS rumor mill as bully/punk 20 years ago. Made himself a great surfer though.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
It would be weird to have a notorious drug dealer for a dad. Anybody that comes out of that scenario with their head halfway screwed on straight is lucky.
Its funny that Koa seems to be a pretty together guy...his sense of whats funny and right and wrong seems pretty reasonable in his n nathan florences podcast. One brother is always a douch is probably some rule somewhere I guess...if your brother isnt a douch maybe you should be worried.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Federal law enforcement can bust you for anything they want. "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime." If he's been doing this, it's because he's been allowed to. I've heard all the rationales about how he's just smarter or had bribed more people and none of them satisfy Ockham's Razor in my opinion.
While I’m not a lawyer I’ve played one in some exotic films so I did some research and it didn’t look like the co defendants ended up doing time either? Case fell apart/charges didn’t stick.

My cursory research also led me to conclude that as bad a dude as Mr Rothman was bitd, Squiddy was badder and not the kind of dude you snitch on and get away with it ?

As for other snitching/him working with the feds I just can’t see that working long term in Hawaii for a guy not from there. At some point youd get taken out.

Last edited:

ocean7847

Miki Dora status
Jun 23, 2004
the Injured Reserve
His dads no fed.

+100 - dude is a chode!

Here in SC, it’s guys like Ruffo - multiple time convicted meth dealers - who get idolized. Cause you know, he had a sick top turn in ‘98. :socrazy:

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
+100 - dude is a chode!

Here in SC, it’s guys like Ruffo - multiple time convicted meth dealers - who get idolized. Cause you know, he had a sick top turn in ‘98. :socrazy:
I dont know man...ruffo ripped for sure...this is a surfing forum after all...not a lets discuss who is the biggest piece of sh!t forum..though I would join that sh!t in a minute.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
makua always has talked like that. his mother, trella, is a heavily accented pidgin speaking woman. it's how he was raised. koa's mom betty speaks differently, more like most of us. that's how he was raised.
makua's song isn't so much rapping as it is toasting, the jamaican talking in patois style of some reggae and dub. he's just got more of a pidgen slant to it than a typical jamaican patois.
I disagree. Trella is a local girl but far from a heavily accented pidgin speaking woman.

Reactions: bluemarlin04

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
makua always has talked like that. his mother, trella, is a heavily accented pidgin speaking woman. it's how he was raised. koa's mom betty speaks differently, more like most of us. that's how he was raised.
makua's song isn't so much rapping as it is toasting, the jamaican talking in patois style of some reggae and dub. he's just got more of a pidgen slant to it than a typical jamaican patois.

Toasting is what the cal it? I thought it was appropriation?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I was in the parking lot talking to one of the Hui uncles a couple weeks ago. Makua was walking by to go out and he saw Uncle Ray. He stopped to chat. Said he was going to surf for the first time since his knee operation. He surfed the last Eddie with no ligament in his right knee. Showed us his scar. He patted his belly laughed and said I got momona too.