Major League Baseball Ditches Atlanta, Georgia. They sure showed them!!!!

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
i hear colorado & georgia have similar voting laws. something about ID's and signatures.

if even remotely true, bhwhahaha wtf MLB!

I feel like all of this wokeness is like East coast summertime hurricane hype.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
she sums it up neatly. even GD could follow this:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
i hear colorado & georgia have similar voting laws. something about ID's and signatures.

if even remotely true, bhwhahaha wtf MLB!

I feel like all of this wokeness is like East coast summertime hurricane hype.
Yep and Colorado is a lily white state compared to Georgia. They moved it to one of the Whitest states in the entire country. They sure did show those people from Atlanta!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if we learned that they never really wanted the game to be in Atlanta in the first place. Its hot as hell in Atlanta in July.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
it'd b pretty boss if the blonde and the red head could tag team a press release. id tune in for that!

how's this compare to the rest of the 48 states?

NY is apparently such restrictive, according to the NYPOST.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
it'd b pretty boss if the blonde and the red head could tag team a press release. id tune in for that!

how's this compare to the rest of the 48 states?

NY is apparently such restrictive, according to the NYPOST.

If true, which I doubt, NY is not trying to make it more difficult to vote based on the accusations of a proven liar.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Jim Crow off steroids is more accurate. Jim Crow nevertheless.

from the other thread:

""The entire rationale for this bill was based on a lie: that there was widespread voter fraud in Georgia in the 2020 elections."

The rationale for this bill is based on a lie.

This bill exists because voter turnout in Georgia in 2020 was higher than the Republicans would like.

This bill exists because voter turnout in Georgia in 2020 was higher than the Republicans would like.

All you need to do is read the text from Section 1 and it's clear as day. Never do they use the word "evidence". It's all about "confidence" of the electors. Which means they literally wrote this based on the FEELZ of the butthurt losers of the state.

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
All you need to do is read the text from Section 1 and it's clear as day. Never do they use the word "evidence". It's all about "confidence" of the electors. Which means they literally wrote this based on the FEELZ of the butthurt losers of the state.

it’s a solution in search of a problem

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Literally the whole bill is based on feelz. The definition of “confidence” is “the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.”

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Interesting point... they just had the most successful election in Georgia's history. Why change anything?

Reactions: sussle

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
From my expert googling research, what’s the problem? Simply ensures the integrity of the vote to quell rumors and fake news over voter fraud. Jebus, getting a cell phone or a mortgage is the same. Provide either a drivers license, or 4 ss digits or some other ID with a signature. Do disenfranchised citizens of the USA who are legal to vote not have either of those? Does the USPS not deliver/pick up to every mailbox through snow, wind, rain, etc etc?

The bigger question: will manfred attend Augusta National to spectate the masters? Or is this a no -issue Bc a dark skinned fellow wore a few green jackets throughout history?

the masters always gets me pumped to do yard work. So beautiful

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia just conducted the most successful election in it's history. Why change anything?