Lovemachine FM

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Wouldn't it make more sense to lust after the one he wants to keep rather than the one that is being cast aside?
:unsure:
I guess, but I know what Varial feels like, and I have zero interest in a 9’ boar- wouldn’t ride it more than a couple times a year when it’s tiny. When you used yolo, you’re limited to what’s on the market. I just want to try the FM design. Varial could always be the upgrade if I like it.

Reactions: Aruka

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I guess, but I know what Varial feels like, and I have zero interest in a 9’ boar- wouldn’t ride it more than a couple times a year when it’s tiny. When you used yolo, you’re limited to what’s on the market. I just want to try the FM design. Varial could always be the upgrade if I like it.
ya varial one would be sick. what glass schedule u gays think wud go good on dis boar?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
WTF
Nobody clicks on the YOLO thread for logic and rational thinking. This is bullshit.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Ehhh...he's keeping the 6'9"....that's the one I meant. ;)
9' board...yeah nah!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
PSA: stoke LM FMs at Waterman’s Guild. Easiest to view if you change the sort order to Newest to Oldest. Please buy the blue 6’9 so I don’t:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

sakana_kid

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 24, 2009
I have 3 of these currently. A 6'9 in Varial, 7'0, and a 9'6. The 7'0 was my first one and it ended replacing a few other midlengths I had at the time. Just a rock solid board in pretty much anything. It kinda ruined any single fin mids for me as it turns so much better. The 6'9 is new to me and its a keeper for sure. Only a few sessions so far but feels like it can be surfed a bit more aggressively than the 7'0. The 9'6 is something special though. Its as good as most gliders in small stuff but where it really shines is in bigger waves. I've had a handful of sessions in OH surf right when I got it and its rock solid. It surfs like a smaller board and projects off the bottom like nothing I've ever had in a board this size. Guessing the narrow pin tail with the twin fins is the special sauce and the thin rails help knife in on steeper waves. I'm really happy with it and I expect it to remain in the quiver for a long time. I'm probably going to sell the 7'0 as its too similar to the 6'9 and I like varial better
I got a custom 7’8” twinzer. Works on south shore Oahu up to head high so far. Nkpheous- do you prefer as a twinzer or have you tried it with just the keels? RL said it goes bonkers with just the keels. I haven’t tried a keel fin with 50/50 foils yet.

Reactions: Havoc

nickpheous

Michael Peterson status
Apr 8, 2008
Huntington Beach
I got a custom 7’8” twinzer. Works on south shore Oahu up to head high so far. Nkpheous- do you prefer as a twinzer or have you tried it with just the keels? RL said it goes bonkers with just the keels. I haven’t tried a keel fin with 50/50 foils yet.
Yo Bryson! Long time no talk. Hope you're doing well. I haven't tried it that way but my 9'6 FM is strictly a twin and I love it so guess I should give it a try on the shorter ones. Honestly, my 7' FM surfs so well as is that I've never felt the urge to try it as a twin. I just picked up a 7'8 a few weeks back and am really liking it as well. I'll have to try it as a twin.

I was going to sell the 7'0 but after some more surfs between the 6'9 Varial and the poly 7', the 7'0 just feels a touch better and is a lot thinner which I prefer.

sakana_kid

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 24, 2009
Yo Bryson! Long time no talk. Hope you're doing well. I haven't tried it that way but my 9'6 FM is strictly a twin and I love it so guess I should give it a try on the shorter ones. Honestly, my 7' FM surfs so well as is that I've never felt the urge to try it as a twin. I just picked up a 7'8 a few weeks back and am really liking it as well. I'll have to try it as a twin.

I was going to sell the 7'0 but after some more surfs between the 6'9 Varial and the poly 7', the 7'0 just feels a touch better and is a lot thinner which I prefer.
thanks for the heads up on the FM! I need to try it with a couple different set ups. I haven’t been able to wrap a full roundhouse to whitewater bank yet. Other than that it’s fast and loose. Comes off the top well and glides over whitewater when hitting floaters.

Jul 18, 2018
6’6 looks fun. Different placement of finz
Looks fun to me. That said, the 2.75" thickness throws me off until I can actually handle one.
My buddy has a hand shaped 6'8", no dims listed and he bought it used so not sure on the dims, but the rails are nice and thin. His board feels great and works well from waist high to overhead.
I'd love to grab a LM version but without feeling one up I can't help but worry that it'll be too chonky.

Reactions: j_mac