Lost Retro Tripper

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The bottom curves, with a soft rolled vee up front, blending to the slightest of single concave though center and gradually receding to a double concaved vee in the tail
I dunno if the 'soft rolled vee up front' is enough to make it magic in heavily textured/devil wind/etc but IMHO there is something to the belly/vee concept combined with width and/or volume plus way less rocker for use in chop.

The way points are packed when it's clean and can really clear out once the wind paddles out, a board that butters bumps and eats up flat spots could be dead useful.

Reactions: j_mac and sdsrfr

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
re-re-release the lost SD2?

They tried and it didn’t sell so good. OG flyer eon.
The Lost V2 was a good board that they barely marketed. All I'm saying is that I'd love to see them have a shortboard range based on a low entry, high exit rocker. The driver is user-friendly(ish).

Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Sd2 was re-released a few years back with modern dims, just aeound the same time as the OG Flyer by CI.

i see plenty of OG fliers in the wild but have never seen an SD2 outside the ads on catalyst when they were remaking them.

my first short boards were the SD 1, 2 and 3.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
Sd2 was re-released a few years back with modern dims, just aeound the same time as the OG Flyer by CI.

i see plenty of OG fliers in the wild but have never seen an SD2 outside the ads on catalyst when they were remaking them.

my first short boards were the SD 1, 2 and 3.
Never heard about that either or I probably would of picked one up. They must of did a horrible job marketing it.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I think you may have gotten your wish with the Lil Wing...Maybe I too as V2 was probably the best, and maybe the last HPSB I've owned.

I don't know man. I had one of Mason's last boards and I really didn't like it.

Not even sure why they reintroduced this one and the dims are super weird.

5’10 19.63 2.45 is insane for a 29.5L board even as a step down which I don't think it is.

toddo

Nep status
Jul 24, 2010
Lost's stock dims have gotten very thin in my range. Do not like.
checked out a few in my local shop yesterday and was surprised how chunky all of the lost boards were. like big thick boxy rails for their dims. especially compared to dhd, JS and sharpeyes.

Reactions: racer1