Lost Retro Tripper

Sam_K

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 11, 2019
I'm kinda bummed this board is getting so much derogatory attention :cry:

To me it looks pretty cool, I'm thinking about ordering one. For those of us who don't have direct access to Album products, we have to order the rip offs

Reactions: live4swell

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I'm kinda bummed this board is getting so much derogatory attention :cry:

To me it looks pretty cool, I'm thinking about ordering one. For those of us who don't have direct access to Album products, we have to order the rip offs
I wouldnt weigh your decision on a few people drinking Kool Aid.....just sayin

oh wait, Rip Offs in surfboards ??!! LMAO

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What’s the difference between a PJ Pro and the PJ HP?
Pro sounds like it has a little more nose rocker, a little more length, a little less width. They said the tail rocker and bottom contours stay the same.

The way the PJ and PJHP generate speed, and the size/shape surf they do it in, and how the rocker feels projection wise off top/bottom, clicks for me, most joyously. Which has fuckall to do with what your thread is about my bad but couldn't help myself.

It (and the rest of the Sub/Pizza Delivery Driver stains) are marketed here:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
There was a time I looked forward to seeing the new lost lookbook.

the mashups and model compression are getting pretty bad. 4 or 5 drivers? lol.
I'd love to jump on shapers, but what happens is, I really do like the Sub Driver, I've wanted to try an Uber since it came out, and at least they're shaping 4-5 drivers.

Look at us. Fucking customers. Even worse, surfers! (Pukes) Funboards, soft tops, selling a Bush-era Morey Boogie with delamming surlyn bottom and a tag cloud with 4-5 spellings of Skortcher....

• Haha
Reactions: MathDebater

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
Pro sounds like it has a little more nose rocker, a little more length, a little less width. They said the tail rocker and bottom contours stay the same.

The way the PJ and PJHP generate speed, and the size/shape surf they do it in, and how the rocker feels projection wise off top/bottom, clicks for me, most joyously. Which has fuckall to do with what your thread is about my bad but couldn't help myself.

It (and the rest of the Sub/Pizza Delivery Driver stains) are marketed here:

So it's a Mini Driver?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
So it's a Mini Driver?
I could see it sitting underneath one of those with some overlap but I've never owned either one. I would expect it to get into waves easier, accelerate better, snap in steep/quick jam sections better, slide better (when asked to), slide worse (when in redline surf off the bottom) and skitter at speed sooner.

My Sub Driver doesn't want to stop and start when it's on the flatter and/or smaller (thigh-stomach) and broken up beachbreak (that's not always the easiest to read) can demand that. The PJs (and Baby Buggy) are good at that.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
This board does nothing for me but I don't think it's fair to call this an album rip-off.

Keep in mind that the rad ripper and the retro ripper have been around for a long time. He also started teasing this board long before Album started doing twinsman round tails. And long before any of this, there was the MR Twin that lost produced.

My sentiment is that the lost lineup needs some refreshing for sure. I'm not interested in seeing 5 drivers (some of which suck *cough* uber driver) and 3 puddles jumpers. All the dad bod boards can go away (glydra, hydra, party crasher, etc.). Instead, I'd love to see a bit more creativity on the shortboard front like a reintroduction of the speed demon as a driver alternative range or stretch out the RNF into a rad twin mid-length.