Lost Quiver Killer

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
fargy483 said:
How does it compare to your double blunt? I have a dbl blunt that I like but recently picked up a short round. i like the deep single to double and now i am eyeing a QK. BTW your board looks a beautiful.
It's much more pulled in at both ends and more foiled in the rails than the DB. There is also more rocker overall. The wave range is similar I think but I would choose the QK every time. It feels like a lot less board and is easier to get on the rail. It's basically a mini step up from the Short Round, so if you like that one you will probably gel with this one.
I don't think I would pull this out in waves under shoulder high.

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
nexttozen said:
So qk is similar to ...lost rockup/roundup? Im looking at a beach buggy for shoulder+
Probably not as pulled in as those but somewhere in-between the real fatties and the decent wave boards.
Hey, its not for everyone in quality surf but I am the first to understand that I'm not on the same level as KS et al. I just want to have fun and surf the best I can. This board seems to help me do both in the mid range.

This bloke tends to agree on the capability and range of the QK

http://www.comparesurfboards.com/reviews/allrounders/lost-surfboards-quiver-killer-surfboard-review

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
Pretty much have 3 HPSBs that are very similar. Looking to get something a bit different with a round tail. Already have a groveller - knee to chest and fat is covered. Clean steep conditions to 1.5x overhead are covered. Can anybody comment who mostly rides HP boards? Felt one up in CW and the nose felt pretty massive. Can you surf these pretty aggressively? Want something for tight little barrels but if a nice wall presents itself I want to be able to blow the fins, try airs, laybacks etc and not be hindered by all of that nose. Is it a decently HP board? Cheers!

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
slightly off topic but anyone else seen these higher priced losts in the hipster shops?

https://pilgrimsurfsupply.com/collections/surfboards/products/60-lost-quiver-killer

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
http://beachgrit.com/2016/09/collab-lost-meets-pilgrim-surf-supply/

So basically, same board with a (to my eyes) uglier logo for an extra $150-200.

What a deal.

Biolos is pretty dead on about NY surf scene though.

nada2looz said:
slightly off topic but anyone else seen these higher priced losts in the hipster shops?

https://pilgrimsurfsupply.com/collections/surfboards/products/60-lost-quiver-killer

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
ridin a log boar in big waives scares me. but i don't ride lodges anymore newayz. dont see how peeple do it.

also...wide telled quad fish in big pitching wavez. been there dun that. barely made a drop all day.

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
Definitely not what I usually ride but thinking it would be good to have a versatile round tail for points and fat waves. Like how it looks here..

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/183336647[/vimeo]

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
nexttozen said:
only dave renner can make funky boars go in good wavez
true.wuz worried about dave when i heard him and al were making sperm well together. turns out they meant well like the fish n it was a real bitchen boar.thought they wuz into some weird stuff or sumpn ya know?

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
I'd consider a small one as a groveller/fat wave board. I've been riding a SS2 SWS 5'10 carbon wrap custom I picked up and it's been going unreal in those conditions though. Would like to try the 5'9 QK in CW. I liked my V3 in CW but only in minuscule waves as it was overvolumed and got crazy out of control when there was any power. My SS2 is only 29.5L and feels really good doesn't bang around like a boaty epoxy and goes bananas in anything you don't want a HPSB for.

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
I want as well. Would probably go low volume and short though. Don't like this style of boar with a lot of vol.

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
Let me know how you like it. Just surfed in indo for a week with my pyzel 74 and Rubble and much preferred the 74 squash at an inch shorter to the Rubble even in good waves. Just don't seem to get on well with round tails even though I like them visually. Feels like a lack of spark and drive under the back foot? Still looking for the magic one though. Post photos!

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
DroppingOn said:
I'd consider a small one as a groveller/fat wave board. I've been riding a SS2 SWS 5'10 carbon wrap custom I picked up and it's been going unreal in those conditions though. Would like to try the 5'9 QK in CW. I liked my V3 in CW but only in minuscule waves as it was overvolumed and got crazy out of control when there was any power. My SS2 is only 29.5L and feels really good doesn't bang around like a boaty epoxy and goes bananas in anything you don't want a HPSB for.
Isn't the QK a modified Short Round with better upper range? Why don't you just get a Short Round?

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
brukuns said:
DroppingOn said:
Isn't the QK a modified Short Round with better upper range? Why don't you just get a Short Round?

Don't like the look or feel under arm of the short round. QK is wide in the nose but feels good under arm and looks nice. Seems like a solid boar.

DroppingOnYou

Nep status
Feb 16, 2016
nexttozen said:
gui said:
nexttozen we need pics of that boar yo!!
Yo gui! See dis tread brah :cheers:

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2586343#Post2586343
Looks sick brudda. Let me know how it goes when you get it out. Want to know how drivey it is! So close to pulling the trigger.