Lost Quiver Killer vs. Pyzel Phantom

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Well, I found a used quiver killer for sale, and have been out on it about 4 surfs now. First 2 sessions were just to get used to the board in very small surf that would have been barely rideable even on my eps grovelers/fish. Last week, I had a couple session on it at the local beach break in chest to head high surf. Lots of closeouts, and the it felt pretty sluggish off the mark. I think if the waves were solid with good shape it would be fun, but it may be going up for sale again soon. I had a Pyzalien with less volume, and it was way faster and easier to get going even in smaller stuff. I think at a pumping point break it would be great, but for a fast breaking beach break, I'm not feeling it. At least not yet.

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka and chilly1

bajafresk

Nep status
May 31, 2006
I'll get some large fins. I'm 205~ right now, but on the way down to 190something once the waves come up. (I hope! :LOL: )
How are you liking / or liked the phantom? I just picked up a 6'1@34.4L and I'm 190. Curious since you're 205 but riding the 6'0 at 32.6L

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
How are you liking / or liked the phantom? I just picked up a 6'1@34.4L and I'm 190. Curious since you're 205 but riding the 6'0 at 32.6L
I didn't like the phantom. It was fast going straight but I didn't like the way it turned.
Blew out a side fin box in three foot surf who knows how, then sold it without bothering to mess with the repair.

I'm 170ish again, but I 1000% prefer my Chilli "hot knife"

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Well, it took you a couple years, but congrats on dropping 35 lbs! Quiver refresh time…
I got up to 215 then took four months to cut to 169 :waving: no gym no weights no nonsense, just clean eating+steep hill climbs and deep sand sprints. Got all the energy back, d*ck thinks it's 19 years old again :LOL:

All the "once you hit ___ age" stuff may just be excuses.

Quiver refreshed :shaka:

Edit: it's definitely not all excuses. Getting older just doesn't necessarily mean having to get fatter. Unless you want to. Which is fun to do.

Last edited: