...Lost Puddle Jumper PRO

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I got this for my small waves now. 6'0" x 20" x 2 5/8" - 33,42L Luke Studer. The website says its 29l and narrow, but my board is 33l and wide. Maybe he changed it since then. It doesnt have the black rails either. Got it used for cheap. It surfs nicely even though it's a bit of a boat at 33l.

View attachment 152924
I don't see the point of boating up the dims on a PJHP if you have that board and it's already boaty.

IMHO the magic is in how much distance/speed you get per pump + how quickly you can pump on the Puddle Jumpers. More responsive boards want better waves and/or more top to bottom approach not on offer in garbage. Drivier boards don't respond as quickly and you can't bang off two-three quick pumps and be flying in no time.

Reactions: Aruka

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
If 33L feels good but you want a little more for grovel go like 34-35. 42L is a stupid jump up and way too much for a HP design IMO. You still want to be able to sink the rail enough to pump and turn it.

coquearaujo

Miki Dora status
Aug 18, 2004
Nigrán, Galiza, Europe
www.waira.com
If 33L feels good but you want a little more for grovel go like 34-35. 42L is a stupid jump up and way too much for a HP design IMO. You still want to be able to sink the rail enough to pump and turn it.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Usually the gap between my every day boards and my small wave board is around 2L: 30.5 vs 32.5 L being 85 kg.

BTW I'm really surprised that you guys like the Libtech construction. Feels like a dog to me and any other friend who cam actually surf.

Reactions: noise

Homie

Miki Dora status
Sep 2, 2005
I checked one out at the shop and it felt like a nice user friendly alternative shortboard. The CI Two Happy is more high performance but looked really nice and user friendly.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I went with the stock 5'9 in black sheep construction. The length and width are perfect. In a perfect world, it would be 2.5" thick instead of 2.44" and probably 30.5L or slightly more. But at 29.9L, it's doable and a pretty solid paddler for that amount of volume.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
The one I like is a very old version of the build. The newer ones with the black line feel a fair bit heavier.

IMHO good trip construction.
Interesting.
I saw in an interview with a guy from Lost that he said the latest construction is 10% lighter. It's got the black line but the hexagonal fibre layer isn't as apparent when looking at the deck as the older builds so don't know if could be another iteration. The crowd killers I have feel the same weight as a PU which for me in the longer boards is just fine..

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit