Los Angeles train burglaries

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Growing up, I used play down by the train tracks. We would sometimes run alongside moving trains and jump up the railcar ladder on the sides of the railcars, though I am trying to remember who else jumped to the ladder and climbed up besides me.

In college (Corvallis), the house I rented with some friends from Idaho was next the railyard, so we'd go exploring late in the evenings sometimes. More than once we opened the sliding boxcar doors and climbed in, and it was always fun to walk on the tracks over the Mary's RIver trestle and have some beers.

I had seen movies about the railyard bulls but never had any interaction with them, or for that matter, can say I saw any actually do anything, though this could be just because me and my friends knew how to hide and be sneaky.

Anyway, the point is, railyards have never been all that secure, at least from my point of view.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
i will also add in regards to homelessness. its cleaned up quite a bit at least in the areas i frequent. Ktown/Hollywood/EchoPark/Venice, etc have been cleaned up quite a bit tho lots more to do. MCAurther park has even been cleaned out. Now i know they probably got pushed somewhere else but the hotspots of 2020/2021 are much much better now.
Sorry man, that doesn't fit the narrative. Going to need you to delete.

• Haha
Reactions: CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Sorry man, that doesn't fit the narrative. Going to need you to delete.
i just trip out on how many people who dont live in LA are concerned about whats happening here.

"i passed by LA today and its a third world country". well ive lived here 20+ years and guess what - its never been shangri-la and youve clearly never been to a thrird world country. no costa rica doesnt count.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
i just trip out on how many people who dont live in LA are concerned about whats happening here.

"i passed by LA today and its a third world country". well ive lived here 20+ years and guess what - its never been shangri-la and youve clearly never been to a thrird world country. no costa rica doesnt count.
LA is paradise.

Just don't leave your protected overpriced enclaves and you'll never notice otherwise.

Reactions: LifeOnMars

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
ah good i can blame this on not ordering my girl those shoes.
They were shipping from california so this checks out.