Los Angeles train burglaries

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Are you saying we should just ignore the problem?
I'm asking, what exactly is the problem, why does it resonate with people, and are there other motivations, narratives, or talking points being attached to it?

My first question is: Is anyone actually "missing" these items that are reportedly being stolen or if these are items that have already been written off as a loss.

Follow up: What forces are at play that have made this area an alleged free for all. I think this is the more popular question and folks have wildly different ways of reaching a conclusion.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
My first question is: Is anyone actually "missing" these items that are reportedly being stolen or if these are items that have already been written off as a loss.
Why is that your first question?

I'm asking, what exactly is the problem, why does it resonate with people, and are there other motivations, narratives, or talking points being attached to it?
What is your motivation behind saying "reportedly being stolen" instead of "stolen"?

Last edited:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

Follow up: What forces are at play that have made this area an alleged free for all. I think this is the more popular question and folks have wildly different ways of reaching a conclusion.
You don’t know what the problem is?

I can’t help you.

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
from the ad:

“GIVE YOURSELF UNLIMITED BLOWJOBS IN 2022.”

“the trusted machine that started it all!”

“FOR BLOWJOB LOVERS ON A BUDGET...”:applause2:

i will spare no expense!

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Disclaimer: I haven't followed this sory. All I know is that every slightly conservative person that posts on ig is circulating it and there are a bunch of shipping packages ripped open in a train yard that looks unserviced and neglected in a neglected corner of one of the country's largest cities.

Why is that your first question?
I'm a skeptic, particularly of the sources where I saw the images coming from initially.

What is your motivation behind saying "reportedly being stolen" instead of "stolen"?
To lessen the impact of otherwise inflammatory headlines/imagery. I don't know if it's stolen property. For all I know, those are returned packages that have been written off as a loss and left to die in storage until someone has to get those trains put to work. Can you steal trash? But I can cerainly be wrong. Just my first quesion, as noted.

You don’t know what the problem is?

I can’t help you.
ok.