Looks like I'm moving to Orange County.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
otf said:
Hey freak , though I just sold my mobile home house
In Newport six months ago and made a killing. And am
set for life . I agree with everyone. HB is you're happy place.
Parking on the peninsula is a fvcking nightmare.
Newport has year round good surf. But HB has the best
Night life without the third right cops from Newport . We have Hitler ism on traffic
Control . I know - I worked for them
For 32 years before retiring. Stay in
HB or Seal Beach. Our surf is consistent all year long
And I know every break from

Here to San Diego. Ask , anybody about me. I'll show you a couple of reef
Set ups that will make you lick you're chops.
Ask Kento, CASurfer and a few others.
Myself, Spoonfish , Keenfish , ( all from newport ) Ringer, and a bunch are
all from this two mile stretch. You'll be stoked. If you get a pad on 6 th street in HB, Taco Bell reef goes off on a
medium tide on any swell , you'll be set and stoked. If not ???
Take you're drunken faggot ass back to the east coast.
Oh wait , there is a guy in
Tijuana slows that drinks wine that will show
You the ropes
^^ what he said. Most of it anyway. But the part about the guy from East Chula Vista is gospel.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I'm from San Diego. Moving "home" would still put me in SoCal. Not "back to the east coast." I do currently live in Sonoma, which has plenty of fluffies and few worthwhile breaks.

OTF, I'd be happy to see your reef setups. I can't wait to drop in on all three of your triplets.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
keenfish said:
CutnSnip said:
rts265 said:
just stfu about that place. its inconsistent and you'll go to HB 99% of the time.
its about as secret as the pier. You can see it from pch and if it was going to blow up ever, it would have by now.
Don't name spots! :shameonyou:

Was out that day! The left on the other side was reeling!

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I lived in Dana Point for the four months I worked at Swell.com. It was nice, but Huntington/Newport has better, more consistent surf. It's nice to be close to Trestles, but man, that place is packed, and Huntington (I think) is a better wave than Salt Creek.

At the end of the day it is Orange County. "The OC" is a quasi-epithet for a reason.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Orange County is a good place, but it has issues like everywhere. It's not like the SF Bay Area is peaches and cream all of the time. You should enjoy living down here.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
OC is not the OC of yesteryear. It's definitely more gentrified and kooks are so common place, they aren't really kooks anymore.

Still, as part of the LA megopolis, it's not a bad choice to pick coastal HB north of the pier area, surf-wise. You could do a lot worse. Traffic will be a culture shock on all but the wee hours of the AM. Good luck.

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
I live in the tract immediately adjoining and behind Massimos Pizza. They've had a long-successful run with their family-owned business over the decades. Still going strong. Order your food at the counter, sit in the red leatherette booths, grab your beers/other beverages from the refrigerated case, settle up at the end. Cash only. Take out sandwiches are bomb.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
ringer said:
I live in the tract immediately adjoining and behind Massimos Pizza. They've had a long-successful run with their family-owned business over the decades. Still going strong. Order your food at the counter, sit in the red leatherette booths, grab your beers/other beverages from the refrigerated case, settle up at the end. Cash only. Take out sandwiches are bomb.
Were you there pre Fado - when Bobby ran it?

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
Truth said:
ringer said:
I bought into the Southeast Huntington Beach neighborhood in 1989, which I believe was post-Bobby. I will say that there is nothing else anywhere in California like the immediate neighborhood is now...1960s and 1970s tract homes on decent-sized lots with pools and lots of parking and quiet nights and great public schools nearby: walkable to the sand and consistent surf: the best weather in Orange County, hence the country; easily commutable to all the commercial working centers in OC; tons of great food places nearby.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
ringer said:
Truth said:
ringer said:
I bought into the Southeast Huntington Beach neighborhood in 1989, which I believe was post-Bobby. I will say that there is nothing else anywhere in California like the immediate neighborhood is now...1960s and 1970s tract homes on decent-sized lots with pools and lots of parking and quiet nights and great public schools nearby: walkable to the sand and consistent surf: the best weather in Orange County, hence the country; easily commutable to all the commercial working centers in OC; tons of great food places nearby.

agree - raised there starting in ''75 - great place to grow up and rode my bike daily to surf
good times and a great place to live ringer - one of these days i will buy you a pitcher at massimos

Rickoray

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2007
SOC CA
youcantbeserious said:
Huntington (I think) is a better wave than Salt Creek.
Salt Creek is a myth... The World's most over hyped closeout. The crowds these days are horrible. Grumpy Old Guys, Adult learners, entitled groms with mom's on the video cam and speed dial to cops, occasional A level pros but mostly B, C and D level pros trying to relive careers they never had and don't forget the SUP's and Foilers.

Stay North of CDM.