Logic has eluded Zeke

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Surf influencers should take up aviation. Hear me out:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
i think the raw trend is because of how long it takes to edit something and get it up in a timely manner - like in todays YT standards is hours after the sesh so while lots of amatuer video people out there shooting surf - the pros time is also worth more than an edited clip is going to get on the tube days after a swell.

also music aint cheap to license.
I'd imagine it goes like this

Film all day
Back up content
Dump low quality raw to YT ASAP to capitalize on swell event hype
let users self select low quality clips into shareable, possibly viral clips to redirect eyes to your content

Meanwhile:
Sort and parcel out usable clips
edit
correspond with interested parties
Try to sell/trade for clips

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'd imagine it goes like this

Film all day
Back up content
Dump low quality raw to YT ASAP to capitalize on swell event hype
let users self select low quality clips into shareable, possibly viral clips to redirect eyes to your content

Meanwhile:
Sort and parcel out usable clips
edit
correspond with interested parties
Try to sell/trade for clips
Tragedy/heartache:

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
Surf influencers should take up aviation. Hear me out:
I love the "Pilot Debrief" channel, discovered it during his coverage of the Tennessee instagram pilot. This latest one about the 5 instagrammers was schadenfreude chef's kiss.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I love the "Pilot Debrief" channel, discovered it during his coverage of the Tennessee instagram pilot. This latest one about the 5 instagrammers was schadenfreude chef's kiss.
Right? That chick from TN could literally look down and see the runway. I've done some dumb things in an airplane but you've gotta be smart-enough to fly it and navigate out of a paper bag. She was an example of the iPhone brain writ doom.

Blancolirio is another amazing channel.

I'm not going to watch that.
No offense intended.

Give me the short version.
TBH I couldn't figure out what was going on in that video.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I don't like to "feed the machine" if I can avoid it. So I don't like to click, follow, or consume stuff from people I think are lame. Zeke falls in the category. His surfing, and his "take", and anything else he "creates" doesn't really make up for his corny fake fight, acid drop, dorkdom. So I avoid it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I don't like to "feed the machine" if I can avoid it. So I don't like to click, follow, or consume stuff from people I think are lame. Zeke falls in the category. His surfing, and his "take", and anything else he "creates" doesn't really make up for his corny fake fight, acid drop, dorkdom. So I avoid it.
Were I him I'd keep that beard trimmed - it's real easy to grab onto it.