Logic has eluded Zeke

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Now it's "sham."

Unless you are on tour, slugging it out and actually earning money (as opposed to losing mommie and daddies money) you are NOT a pro surfer. And if anybody is "blowing up" spots it's the pro-surfer wannabe/rejects spitting out YouTube videos for the kooks. Get fkd.
Fixed

Reactions: Boneroni

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Clowns like this guy wouldn’t even be able to paddle their local spots back in the day unless they wanted a beating.

I’m not into violence but It worked.
Usually it was the threat of violence. First you get sounded: "Hey, where are you from?" Followed by, "Maybe you ought to sit on the inside, sets are for locals only." Then comes, "Not enough waves today, maybe you paddle in and go check your car." Finally, "Didn't we tell you to leave? We weren't asking. Beat it, and don't let us see you here again or else we kick your ass!"

Swallow Tail

Michael Peterson status
Oct 6, 2017
Your Mom’s House
Usually it was the threat of violence. First you get sounded: "Hey, where are you from?" Followed by, "Maybe you ought to sit on the inside, sets are for locals only." Then comes, "Not enough waves today, maybe you paddle in and go check your car." Finally, "Didn't we tell you to leave? We weren't asking. Beat it, and don't let us see you here again or else we kick your ass!"
Right. But it has to be backed up with actually following through, IE people getting punched out, tires slashed, windows broken etc. Empty threats don’t pack the same punch (see what I did there).

At the very least people should not be letting clowns like this guy get waves. If everyone stuffed him on every wave he took off on he’d not go back to that spot. He’d get a bunch a vids of him getting stuffed n bitch about em. He’d get his content n help spread the word about why a hassle it is to surf at XXX spot. Win-win

PS: but oh my he does have such a punchable face.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Where I grew up it was 'Where did you go to high school?" or the zip code game - "What zip code are we in right now" ...followed by relentless burning, followed quickly by punches...followed by rocks up the trail followed by rocks through the windshield in the lot. I have mixed feelings about the violence...at my local, it was focused on the outsiders and the local kids. Watching a 30-something adult beat up a 13 year old local kid, not slaps but full beatings...happened pretty regularly and soured me on the enforcers pretty quickly.

Reactions: PRCD

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
as groms we used to laugh at the old guys trying to regulate such crappy waves in Laguna. grumpy fkrs at Brook & Thalia, like these are barely waves guy.

did cop one really good slap at creek my first time surfing there - pretth much all i needed to act right - lots of fights on the beach there - sometimes not even surf related lol

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Where I grew up it was 'Where did you go to high school?" or the zip code game - "What zip code are we in right now" ...followed by relentless burning, followed quickly by punches...followed by rocks up the trail followed by rocks through the windshield in the lot. I have mixed feelings about the violence...at my local, it was focused on the outsiders and the local kids. Watching a 30-something adult beat up a 13 year old local kid, not slaps but full beatings...happened pretty regularly and soured me on the enforcers pretty quickly.
Really? I think I'm a little older than you and from the same general area and never got any treatment growing up. Once we thought there was someone throwing rocks at us, but then a half hour later, when we were in the lineup, a bug chunk of cliff collapsed right where we had been standing. :eek:

The only time I got vibed was much later after I'd been out of the area for a long time and when I went back a new crew had ensconced itself at my local. Who the fuk calls themselves the "dirty underwear gang" anyways???

I was told, once, "Hold onto your board!" by an elder after I ditched getting caught inside but only once. I learned my lesson.

Reactions: tacos

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Are they involved with that posh retreat across the border by Tecate? He's always posting IG stories visiting gramps down there.
They’ve owned it since the 40’s I think. Something like 4000 acres.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Really? I think I'm a little older than you and from the same general area and never got any treatment growing up. Once we thought there was someone throwing rocks at us, but then a half hour later, when we were in the lineup, a bug chunk of cliff collapsed right where we had been standing. :eek:

The only time I got vibed was much later after I'd been out of the area for a long time and when I went back a new crew had ensconced itself at my local. Who the fuk calls themselves the "dirty underwear gang" anyways???

I was told, once, "Hold onto your board!" by an elder after I ditched getting caught inside but only once. I learned my lesson.
could be a timing thing...some of this was at the public left, most of it was at the less public left..and lots and lots of that vibe at the spots around the corner that face south. This was the late 80s early 90's. No hassle at the beaches though

Reactions: One-Off