Logic has eluded Zeke

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Publishing Black's on YouTube and publishing that spot on YouTube are not the same. Black's will have 100 guys out regardless.

Publishing that spot on YouTube with no landmarks and publishing that spot on YouTube WITH LANDMARKS are not the same.

Publishing that spot days after the swell (so people can see what direction lit it up) and months to a year after the swell are not the same.

The guy is saying some pretty common sense stuff regardless of whether or not you like his persona.

I sense a bit of filmer entitlement.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
They should just fight.
Film it though if everyone agrees on a fair way to release it.
Pay per view,
Zeke vs. Gravy:monkey:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008

Here’s some raw footage of Sunset filmed by Ramon. Lots of wipeouts. John Florence footage from around 22 seconds for a handful of rides. Look how short his boar is. Waves of Eli H. too. The John waves are worth a watch.
You out there somewhere @youcantbeserious ?

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Publishing Black's on YouTube and publishing that spot on YouTube are not the same. Black's will have 100 guys out regardless.

Publishing that spot on YouTube with no landmarks and publishing that spot on YouTube WITH LANDMARKS are not the same.

Publishing that spot days after the swell (so people can see what direction lit it up) and months to a year after the swell are not the same.

The guy is saying some pretty common sense stuff regardless of whether or not you like his persona.

I sense a bit of filmer entitlement.
lol.

based on the crowd in the water and on the street it seems like the secret is out.

Zeke doesn’t care about the spot, he cares about someone stealing his YouTube thunder.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014

Here’s some raw footage of Sunset filmed by Ramon. Lots of wipeouts. John Florence footage from around 22 seconds for a handful of rides. Look how short his boar is. Waves of Eli H. too. The John waves are worth a watch.
I love that wave. That said, I don't know how he rides boards so short when it's at size. He must be an elite paddler.

Reactions: tacos

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Nope... surfed my normal early morning shift then straight to work haha. It's been the spot though for sure, perfect winds and direction for a couple days now. You know it's good if John Florence is out!
It looked good and merciless yesterday on the cam. I watched mesmerized as guys got cleaned up by 10 wave sets.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
lol.

based on the crowd in the water and on the street it seems like the secret is out.

Zeke doesn’t care about the spot, he cares about someone stealing his YouTube thunder.
Gravy came up on my insta feed yesterday with a WTF vid about Zeke. He looked like he was gonna cry.

• Haha
Reactions: Homie

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

Great footage! Do any of the former kings of Sunset like BK or Hakman or Mike Ho ever paddle out on days like that?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
More interesting than Zeke’s fake Ted talk, is that Jimmy Cane is filming and dumping raw surf clips on YouTube. He’s a pretty big name surf/commercial photographer and I thought the raw YouTube dumps were like amateur / weekend photo hobby moves.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
More interesting than Zeke’s fake Ted talk, is that Jimmy Cane is filming and dumping raw surf clips on YouTube. He’s a pretty big name surf/commercial photographer and I thought the raw YouTube dumps were like amateur / weekend photo hobby moves.
i think the raw trend is because of how long it takes to edit something and get it up in a timely manner - like in todays YT standards is hours after the sesh so while lots of amatuer video people out there shooting surf - the pros time is also worth more than an edited clip is going to get on the tube days after a swell.

also music aint cheap to license.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I like the raw because it doesn't have the coffee and computer, loading the car, driving to, parking, sizing it up/peanut gallery introductions etc. all before our hero even gets wet. By the time our hero gets rides, how many rides by others (who are already dialed in) have been missed because it's not the off the chain brand, the nub nation vibe? Yew!

The best have the least, if any commentary in my opinion but these ones mentioned here are two exceptions in that they didn't over do it, but still, filmers should film and their friends should shut up. Don't ask me how I know, but I'm glad it wasn't me who thought what I said mattered to anyone.

Yew!