Logic has eluded Zeke

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Ben Gravy will end up becoming a motivational speaker bc he used to be a drunk and Zeke/Jacob will be the coked up dude wearing pointy dress shoes trying to get you to drive away in a sick new Tacoma. Its the last TRD Pro on the lot bro, once it’s gone I don’t know when or even if we’re gonna get anymore this year.
That's literally what they told me when my new Toyota minivan finally arrived from the factory. Looks like I fell for the oldest trick in the book instead of haggled.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017

Is this the video he’s sad about? Always liked the raw clips that show a lot of a single session.
He’s pissed about other people blowing up the spot before he can and messing with his view count/sponsor money. Horseshoe is in that orange 1960 surfing guide to California that every surfer I’ve ever met owns, even I could eventually find it. For no reason, because dig the footage but nope.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
That's literally what they told me when my new Toyota minivan finally arrived from the factory. Looks like I fell for the oldest trick in the book instead of haggled.
Don’t know what to tell you bro. It could’ve been true or they could’ve had a car carrier full of them due anytime the next week. Car salesman’s job is to get you to buy a car before you leave the lot. But as long as you were happy with the deal and especially your new vehicle then I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

Some dudes would say anything to make a sale.
Is this a hybrid???
(it wasn’t)
Lady, they’re all hybrids now

Last edited:

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
He’s pissed about other people blowing up the spot before he can and messing with his view count/sponsor money. Horseshoe is in that orange 1960 surfing guide to California that every surfer I’ve ever met owns, even I could eventually find it. For no reason, because dig the footage but nope.
The guys a douche.
Waves at the "One Way St." are no secret and have been shot for decades. Marshal Myrman(sp) had plenty of shots published in Err back in the day. They didn't specifically call out the name but they didn't crop out landmarks either....
Great wave when it's on. I stopped going there when the traffic made it too much of a hassle and the boogers started gaining a foothold.

Reactions: stringcheese

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Truth. These guys should be happy they are getting paid for doing basically nothing. Also, a week from now, no one will know the difference or care which footage was which or which got released first. One billion Chinese couldn't give a damn and neither could 350 million Americans.

There are other spots in that immediate area which are most definitely not in that book, some more fickle than others. More than a few good erBB/SWD sessions that have gone down at Barnival Reef just to the north of spot in above video.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
The spot in question is not off the beaten path and there have been photos published without obvious landmarks.

At the same time there are a lot of people in CA that have no idea it exists, and it is one of the heaviest most intense waves in CA. Everyone around here knows about it, but outside the area not so much. It's a hidden in plain sight sorta deal.

The video of Jimmicane making the location real obvious has about 404,000 views right now.

I don't really care, just stating the obvious.
I think he's specifically referring to this "off the beaten path" spot, with this viewpoint only accessible with DOD/military ID.
SAM_2045~3.jpg

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
As a non pro surfer I feel the same about pros. these leeches whoring out our precious waves for money and exposing them to the masses.

What do we get out of it? more crowded lineups. Fuck this trust fund baby.
thing is it's too late. surfers supported the brands paying these guys long enough that the brands have reach escape velocity. there's enough kooks surfing now that they don't need support of core surfers.

core surfers are irrelevant, everything everywhere will get blown up and crowded for the $.