Logic has eluded Zeke

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
i dont think these guys are even making decent money purely off youtube in the first place. i got word of what JOB makes off the channel and he got the most subs in surfing. its not enough. he basically pays his filmers with iot and thats it. someone like Gravy, and especially Zeke are making McDonalds money

they making most of their cash of merch and endorsements.
if you believe the social blade website, it's not much, it's all the sponsorships/merch like you said that bring $. JOB is also by far the biggest.

I've watched videos by youtubers on how much youtubers make from youtuve itself saying it's anywhere from 1k to 20k per million views. that roughly lines up with the social blade

Reactions: CutnSnip

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
Zeke and Gravy were out inside the South Mission Jetty at the peak of the swell last Thursday. One of if not the most "localized" waves in all SD County. Gravy posted pics to his IG. Nobody batted an eye or called them out. I thought that would be the one spot that Zeke would have gotten into a breath holding contest for exposing. Localism is officially dead!
dude blows up spots all the time, it's the main reason to watch his videos.

if you watch his videos, he gets DMs from just random people who are AMPED to blow up their local spot just to be in a video. It's pathetic. Gravy hits em up when in town and blows it up - sometimes at least the guys are selling tour guide of the spot, so it's not quite as pathetic, more sad in that scenario.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Chocki

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
you gotta sell a shitton of pod tees and hoodies to make anything more than beer money. doubt these guys are pulling the number of merch sales needed on a weekly basis to even keep the lights on.

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
you gotta sell a shitton of pod tees and hoodies to make anything more than beer money. doubt these guys are pulling the number of merch sales needed on a weekly basis to even keep the lights on.
As long as it's enough to not to have to get a job

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Places like Blacks or Swarmies are fair game for filming, I suspect there were 10-20 photogs with telephotos lined up at each spot.

I can think of a few off-the-beaten-path spots in the SD area that were probably maximum pumping on that swell that should never ever be photographed. The kind of places that take some work to get to, and if you showed up with a video or photo rig you could be expected to be told to leave pronto, in no uncertain terms, lest something unfortunate might happen.
The wave that Skip and Hobgood blow up every time it's big should be left alone. Not that it's a secret, but it's better to have the surf world see it as a mostly unapproachable hoax for most guys. The only reason anybody cares is it's the only wave in SD that satisfies the contrived slabophelia in the online surfiverse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonahbrah and PRCD

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
What kind of clownshow is LaJolla these days? There were some legit surf heroes and tough guys when I lived there. These guys even know where the West End is?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It’s just like the “fight” video he posted on his YouTube. Some rando guys wanted to fight him in the lineup at Oceanside but they could barely surf, just splashed water around and the filmer was there to capture one foot Oceanside clips. Okkkk.