KS gets all political and sh!t.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
If I'm wrong I'll bite myself in the butt, there are pages and pages of references to it, sorry if it's incorrect. It's not implausible and he's a smart guy. Heck, Shaq got his PhD.

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
shackwell said:
Someone who surfs EVERY day, has ZERO cred when it comes to politics and causes.

Did he dry off long enough to get concerned about something beside his narcissistic pursuit of people watching him surf uncrowded contest waves??

I was striving to give you the benefit of the doubt in regards to what seemed your ignorance and stupidity.

I cannot strive any longer.

You have proven to be retarded.

Put the pipe down and read a book. It will do you good. I promise.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
The whole idea of a masters degree in criminal law is confusing. Slater definitely doesn't have a law degree. Someone continuing legal studies is typically pursuing an LLM, which really isn't the same as a masters degree. Not saying it isn't possible, just odd.

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
Greg Griffin said:
The interviewer is a sensationalist ........

The Globe and Star magazine type .
Have not vetted the interviewer however as articulate, thoughtful and intelligent Kelly appears to be your assertion is vetoed.

I reserve the right to change my standing after a bit of vetting but I'm leaning towards being accurate.

Peas brudda~~

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
_____ said:
If I'm wrong I'll bite myself in the butt, there are pages and pages of references to it, sorry if it's incorrect. It's not implausible and he's a smart guy. Heck, Shaq got his PhD.
Kelly has openly denied he has a degree from "Sydney University" or any other school. I think this was confirmed not that long ago by Warshaw somewhere too. Shaq went to LSU and finished his degree. Kelly didn't go to college and there's no such thing as Sydney University (there is a University of Sydney, however).

And based on this interview, the idea that he's a smart guy is still open for discussion.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
_____ said:
shackwell said:
Someone who surfs EVERY day, has ZERO cred when it comes to politics and causes.
Slater has a masters degree in Criminal Law. You think political science and related courses weren't included? Zero cred fer sure.
Was the degree from an Australian university? :monkey:

(Being of mixed citizenship, I am allowed to tease....but honestly, does he have a university degree?)

MJOJunkie

Michael Peterson status
Jan 4, 2015
Socal Bight
You can get an online degree with some good focused effort these days.

That being said this is the 1st time I've ever heard of this.

Slater is not your typical surfer or professional surfer.

It takes constant and never ending discipline and focus to keep his body in the state that allows him to be arguably the best surfer in the world for such a long stretch and at his age which is quite young for all intents. No coincidence there.

He's not some dumb gym rat either. It takes education and intelligence to have an extended career. Take a look at Tiger Woods. Amazing golfer but he wore his body down. Dude is kinda buff too but tens of thousands of hard golf swings can wreak havoc on the physique. He could have done it differently IMO. I am rooting for his comeback. The dude is a legend. Have you guys seen the physiques of the top golfers lately? Complete and total change from 10-20 years ago. Today these top guys have been in the gym, no denying.

I'm kinda seeing a lot of what would seem to be the typical dumb stoned surfer type shiet around these parts lately.

Stupid iz as stupid doez I guess?

Say it ain't so :violin:

mhurdle858

Michael Peterson status
Mar 23, 2006
San Diego
_____ said:
I did a quick google search, and did not find any annotated articles stating he had a law degree. All I found were a couple of junk "10 things you didn't know about Kelly..." and a few, obviously secondhand, bio's. I also didn't see any thing mentioned about undergrad work. If he really had a law degree, you would think that there would be some chatter about his BA or BS, or even alma mater.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
My bad, and all I could find besides those "10 things" pages was this pic which appears to be a photoshop. Carry on :ban:

Ventura

OTF status
Jan 25, 2016
Southern Zone, CR
One of the best 15min interviews I've heard in a while, regardless of who he is; he spoke a lot on many things if not all, that I concur and agree with totally. Also dig the mention of self-realization, humility and compassion. Damn solid.

That was some of the best 15min gawking at YT I've enjoyed in a long while :applause2:

V.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
Ventura said:
As a juxtaposition, woulda loved to see the same interview format with Mason Ho >.<

V.
:applause2: :roflmao:

I bet Mason would have a different take on all things Brazilian.

The above is by far the least eloquent interview I've ever seen from Slater

dwarden30

OTF status
Jun 29, 2008
It's crazy Slater chose to be interviewed by an Alex Jones spinoff. Luke is pretty far out there. If 30% of the wearechange.org videos are true then the world is f---d.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
DerDer said:
_____ said:
I did a quick google search, and did not find any annotated articles stating he had a law degree. All I found were a couple of junk "10 things you didn't know about Kelly..." and a few, obviously secondhand, bio's. I also didn't see any thing mentioned about undergrad work. If he really had a law degree, you would think that there would be some chatter about his BA or BS, or even alma mater.
i kind of remember he or someone else mentioning Slate earning a degree. tried looking too and didn't find it. possibly it could have been he's taken a few classes in the past and long way from completing a BA. whether he may or may not continue after the pro tour :shrug: How many college grads are actually in the surf industry? Not many I'd guess. Even editors at Surfer or Surfing :shrug: Know one had a BA. Any of the others?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
chandlerr said:
hammer said:
It's crazy Slater chose to be interviewed by an Alex Jones spinoff. Luke is pretty far out there. If 30% of the wearechange.org videos are true then the world is f---d.
I've been following Luke for years now. I agree with 100% of his viewpoints.
just imagine our collective surprise

Feb 26, 2010
I appreciate Slater's perspective on most stuff, but what aspect of 9/11 is he looking to investigate?

Conspiracy theory stuff (inside job knucklehead notions), or just look deeper at the various preceding events (like US working with Bin Laden against Soviets in Afghanistan, US influence in Saudi Arabia, support for Israel, etc.?)

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
TacoTaco said:
I appreciate Slater's perspective on most stuff, but what aspect of 9/11 is he looking to investigate?

Conspiracy theory stuff (inside job knucklehead notions), or just look deeper at the various preceding events (like US working with Bin Laden against Soviets in Afghanistan, US influence in Saudi Arabia, support for Israel, etc.?)
The later I think.

Kelly sounds like a smart, well reasoned and opinionated person in that interview. Agree or disagree the guy is not a dummy. He's been around the world and has some legitimate life experiences to back up his views. And he surfs pretty well too.