Knife Attack at Netherlands High School!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Attacker chased off by kids throwing backpacks at him. Nobody hurt.

What happens if he has an AR and extended mags?

https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/netherlands-dutch-scala-students-chase-backpacks-man-knife-video/

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
hal9000 said:
Yeah, but if you take away the AR-15's there will be a spike in stabbing sprees. Just watch.
I like my chances against a knife wielding attacker a lot more than an AR wielding attacker. I can’t wait for GromsDad to say otherwise.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
the janitor said:
frvcvs said:

https://heavy.com/news/2018/03/netherlands-dutch-scala-students-chase-backpacks-man-knife-video/
fantastic false dichotomy

Here's another potential outcome to a knife attack in Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lee_Rigby
1 dead, 2 hurt. I’m sure that would be a much preferable outcome to most in Parkland. Nobody is saying that knives can’t kill.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
frvcvs said:
the janitor said:
frvcvs said:

Here's another potential outcome to a knife attack in Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lee_Rigby
1 dead, 2 hurt. I’m sure that would be a much preferable outcome to most in Parkland. Nobody is saying that knives can’t kill.
Which doesn't change the fact that you've still posited a false dichotomy. How is the whole culture war thing working out for you so far, is your team winning :shrug:

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
the janitor said:
frvcvs said:
the janitor said:
frvcvs said:

Which doesn't change the fact that you've still posited a false dichotomy. How is the whole culture war thing working out for you so far, is your team winning :shrug:
What’s false about it?

2 schools attacked.
2 different weapons.
One ended up with 17 dead and many injured.
The other ended with kids running the attacker off using backpacks as makeshift weapons.
Which school would you rather your child be at?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
frvcvs said:
What’s false about it?

2 schools attacked.
2 different weapons.
One ended up with 17 dead and many injured.
The other ended with kids running the attacker off using backpacks as makeshift weapons.
Which school would you rather your child be at?
"A false dichotomy is a dichotomy that is not jointly exhaustive (there are other alternatives), or that is not mutually exclusive (the alternatives overlap), or that is possibly neither."

All you are doing is trying to stir up some shaming campaign on whatever you perceive the other team to be, which seems to be the main preoccupation with both sides of the political aisle at present. It is tiring and isn't accomplishing anything.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Do you disagree that the outcome would likely be different if the attacker were armed with an AR or any other firearm for that matter?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
the janitor said:
Why do you keep trying to push a false dichotomy? Be better.
Why can’t you answer the question? It’s pretty simple.

2 high schools
2 societies
1 with easy access to firearms
1 with strong gun restrictions
1 with an AR armed attacker
1 with an attacker armed with knives
1 with 17 dead and 17 injuries
1 with 0 dead and 0 injuries

What’s false about the comparison?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GromsDad said:
frvcvs said:

You should pack up and move there.
You’re a dad right? Which school attack would you rather your Grom have to experience?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
frvcvs said:
the janitor said:
Why can’t you answer the question? It’s pretty simple...

(followed by more false dichotomy tripe + goalpost moving)
It's not that I can't, it's that I choose not to get drawn into your false premise.

You and your ilk of political team sport playing, score points at any cost, virtue signaling dorks - on both sides of the aisle - are holding the country back. You aren't creating anything or solving anything, you are adding nothing positive to the mix. Stop. Do it for the children :monkey: :trout: *

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
the janitor said:
frvcvs said:
the janitor said:

It's not that I can't, it's that I choose not to get drawn into your false premise.

You and your ilk of political team sport playing, score points at any cost, virtue signaling dorks - on both sides of the aisle - are holding the country back. You aren't creating anything or solving anything, you are adding nothing positive to the mix. Stop. Do it for the children :monkey: :trout: *
Should I apologize for being sick of kids and innocent people being gunned down and our leaders offering nothing but thoughts and prayers?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

You and your ilk of political team sport playing, score points at any cost, virtue signaling dorks - on both sides of the aisle - are holding the country back. You aren't creating anything or solving anything, you are adding nothing positive to the mix. Stop. Do it for the children :monkey: :trout:
Wait . . . . I thought we were keeping score of deaths from school shootings vs Islamic terrorist attacks :confused2: Now we are throwing knife attacks into the mix :confused2:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
frvcvs said:
the janitor said:
frvcvs said:
the janitor said:

Should I apologize for being sick of kids and innocent people being gunned down and our leaders offending nothing but thoughts and prayers?
Yes.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
the janitor said:
WTF are you on about

There's nothing false about saying that you can kill many more people with an AR than with a knife. AR is the most efficient mass murder tool that anybody can legally buy.

That was the point of the post.

And it's a fact.

What false dickotomy? :hah: