Kelly Slater - DONE!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
He isn’t anywhere near pro tour level in golf and to get there (if even possible) he’d have to quit surfing all together.

His current handicap is 2 or 3. He’s delusional.

Average on pro tour is +5 / +6 and those are indexed from courses used in competition. That means course conditions set up purposefully to make them as difficult as posible in most cases.

Kelly needs to make up around 9 strokes just to get there under unimaginable pressure.
He couldn't win the club championship at most clubs that have a decent membership. Not even close.

Reactions: Mr Doof

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020
If he retires can't blame him. Has beach houses in Hawaii (and elsewhere I'm sure) and all the money in the world, why continue to chase the WSL dream in constant sh!t conditions when nobody gives a fuck about pro surfing anymore - clearly not even the owners of the WSL. He could surf every good swell in any spot he wants for the rest of his life and hell pay some locals to be his 'opponents' if he needs that competitive rush

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
They already are overcrowded. Covid effect.
Can usually get a twilight round for $20 and it's not too crowded. But never-fucking-ending rain so when it's even only 70% soppy, more people to witness my slice. Thank god for indoor basketball - keep some blood flowing. No wonder everyone in the Pacific NW is addicted to heroin.

Pickleball. I don't play but its exploding around here.
Had to google that. Looks like the paddle tennis they have at the various beach clubs around Santa Monica? Hadn't seen that in a long long time (not that I was a member at those places).

Anyways, that's excellent. This should be promoted further.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I think he's just living every moment as if it's his last. Good on him. His attitude and outlook seem to be in the right direction, as of late.