Kelly Slater - DONE!

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
the announcement is Slater to retire - in 2024? Is he going to go on the qs when he doesnt make the mid year cut this year? Seems doubtful. He will be retiring a lot earlier than that I suspect.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Kelly doesn't care enough about winning anymore, it's pretty obvious.
Ayahuasca can do that to ones competitive drive. Also, winning has surely lost its zest after so many. Pretty sure he gets more pleasure out of a good day with Kalani and Wonderdog than out of a win.

Good for him though to still be at that level to even be able to compete with guys half his age and double his hair line.

Keep going as long as you can, if you are reading this Kelly, at this point you're like a scientific experiment to see just how far the boundaries of aging can be pushed in a competitive arena requiring such physical strength and stamina.

:applause2::bowdown::jamon::waving::shaka:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The California wanker speaks.

Maybe your Cali boys should actually win something here and there, then you wouldn't be so jealous.
Don't be butthurt, Clay.

I'm just saying the competitive drive isn't there and hasn't been there for a while.

California surfers won't win anything with a camera up their ass 24/7.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
"I would like to try my hand (in professional golf) at some point. I’m at a level where I should be able to perform if I’m not too nervous." -KS

• Haha
Reactions: tacos and Woke AF

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
"I would like to try my hand (in professional golf) at some point. I’m at a level where I should be able to perform if I’m not too nervous." -KS
He isn’t anywhere near pro tour level in golf and to get there (if even possible) he’d have to quit surfing all together.

His current handicap is 2 or 3. He’s delusional.

Average on pro tour is +5 / +6 and those are indexed from courses used in competition. That means course conditions set up purposefully to make them as difficult as posible in most cases.

Kelly needs to make up around 9 strokes just to get there under unimaginable pressure.

Last edited: