Kauai Accident

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
The Jesus bolt.

Worked with a old school guy who was an MIT graduate and developed stuff for the Army. He did a lot of helicopter research,

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Today's kids.

I worked for this guy in my late 20's. Office manager. Doing the accounting/payroll. This guy was brilliant. I still am in awe, today, thankful I had the opportunity to work with him, even in my limited capacity.

Non Metallic land mine detection. He developed the proprietary tech the US army uses. He developed the same tech, using 1990's cell phone tech/antennas to give to 3rd world countries. Wind shear tech, Ice pack depth tech. Never had to sign a disclosure.

His kid was a UCSC Russian History Grad.

Was big into the early internets. We had a company called Internet Promotions Domain names. Website development, server hosting. Back at the beginning of time. Got to be a part of it.

Leave your fvcking nests,,,'

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
This guy owned a home on the first fairway of the Cypress Point golf course in
Pebble Beach. A huge, Spanish style home. Even at today's golden boi standards, this is amazingly golden.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Heard on the news when driving into work that the pilot didn't even have an instrument rating. That is insane and borders on negligence. Letting someone fly in that area without an instrument rating in that area is asking for trouble.

• Wow
Reactions: john4surf

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
4 pm. Tues. Dec. 31 2019

I just counted 25 tour helicopters in the air for all Hawaiian Islands.

Crash? What crash? We on vacation....we don't have time to think about that, were here to have fun!

....I am goingoutside now....it's all fun till... the rotors connect each other.....

James -Bummer Jim-Devlin

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2004
kauai- excramento
www.flickr.com
things i saw personal in the business.

head pilot took off on tour after attendant did not fuel aircraft with enough to make it all the way
landed just before the part where he would not have anywhere to land

after engine change top mechaincs left shackle used to left it in place still attach to top of engine

the conversation between the pilot and mechanic was fun